Read at your own risk...
Let's just say my time was due to have a horrible flight. After flying with the kids for over a dozen flights with zero hassle, zero problems, it would only make sense that a nightmarish flight was headed my way. I flew home to Idaho yesterday, my first flight with the two kids ALONE. I was quite anxious leading up to yesterday. But the kids were happy, fed, and we were enjoying our time on the plane. We had finished lunch and were about two hours into our four hour flight to Salt Lake. Kenedee is really a good kid and super easy to take anywhere. I told her she needed to take a nap so she laid down in her seat and feel asleep in a matter of minutes, SWEET. After about twenty minutes of sleeping, I hear a little cough so I turn to look over when I see Kenedee's eyes open wide and throw-up spilling out of her mouth. I quickly rolled her over to let it all come out and it kept on COMING. She was throwing up for about a minute straight, if you count that out it's quite a long time when you are sitting on an airplane while also holding a seven month old baby, NOT IDEAL. I was trying to use her blanket to catch it all but of course, by the end of it all she was completely drenched from head to toe in throw-up. I sat there holding her blanket in one hand and holding Lincoln in the other while Kenedee looked at me just crying. I was at a complete loss, HORRIBLE!!! What's worse was that I was sitting next to an 87 year old woman, it wasn't like I could just shove Lincoln into her lap and get this all sorted out. I pushed the button for the flight attendant cause I didn't even know where to begin. After telling her my daughter just threw up everywhere, I could quickly tell she didn't want me walking Kenedee down the aisle to the bathroom, I was annoyed to say the least. So she brought me a plastic bag and two little towels. I slowly took off each article of clothing and placed it in the bag, Kenedee's dress, leggings, socks, and blanket. I then began to try and wipe her down with the little wipes that I had. Poor girl. I luckily took her jacket off when we got on the plane so I knew that would have to do. So my poor girl finished her day with her diaper, jacket, and crocs. We had a 45 minute layover before we had to catch our next flight into Idaho Falls, so if you take away 30 minutes of boarding time, it left me with 15 minutes to run to the bathroom to try and rinse out all of this crap. I did the best I could and ran to our next flight. She never threw-up again so I'm still unsure if she caught a bug or whether she experienced some motion sickness. Let's just say it was one of the longest flights/days of my life. But after all of the craziness, would this deter me from flying solo with the kids, NEVER! Being home makes anything worth it. I couldn't have been a happier person arriving to my parents house yesterday afternoon. Hello IDAHO FALLS!!!
13 comments:
Oh! I'm about to take on the same challenge--a plane trip alone with two kids! I can't imagine having them sick at the same time!!
Oh my gosh Kandis!!! I am so sorry, but am so happy you are in IF! Welcome home! Your mom was so excited to have you come. Hopefully, we'll see you while you are here. : )
Oh man that is one for the books! I have had nightmare flights before, but not with puke! That stresses me out for you! Isn't it great to show up at home and be able to look at your mom and not even have to ask for help...it's just there!!! I love to be able to MELT once I get home because I know my parents will take over if I need them too!
(fingers crossed for the flight home)
Oh, poor Kandis! I've heard too many stories like this, I know it's going to happen to me one day, and I'm dreading the day.
I'm so sad this was stressful for you, but it is quite entertaining to read about :) I love you! What a warrior woman you are. Enjoy your time with your family, we miss you!!
sooooooooooooooo sorry! you are an amazing mom! i am so proud of you taking your two little ones all by yourself to idaho, what what?! hope youre having fun and cant wait to hear all about it!
Wow that sounds crazy. I fly home to Seattle about once every 3 months with Kignston and he is a handful. I can't imagine going through what you did. I was actually contemplating never flying alone now that I am pregnant because it is too much stress with Kingston but maybe I should take advantage of it before this next one is born!
No way! I can't even imagine. Flying with two is already crazy, but throw up. Really I am so proud of you! Hope you are having a great time! Happy Thanksgiving!
You get the Mother of the Month award. I think anything is worth being in Idaho Falls with our families too. We leave Wed. hopefully for a better flight experience.
Oh man I am stressed just thinking about that!! That is one of my worst nightmares. Good for you for remaining calm under pressure!
That is my worst nightmare!! Flying can be such a pain. I can't even imagine. Bless your heart!
OH MY GOSH!! What a horrible experience for you! I have still never flown with Caysja. Did you have fun at home? We sure did. Sorry we never got together.
I need an update! I am going through withdrawls! How did the cheer comp. go?
Post a Comment