
And Santa gave them... a puzzle (Kenedee) & Lakers sippy cup (Lincoln) - Santa must know our kids!

Santa even had presents for the four 'big kids' (Hannah at home and the three college kids. Somehow I didn't get a pic of Hannah). Here we have Jacob, Kim, & Taylor

Goodbye SANTA!!! Kenedee couldn't let Santa leave without another 'High Five'. She LOVED him!

Pajamas from Santa! (Santa knew to match all of the kids in green)

The Barlow Grandkids (Man we were lucky to get a girl, I keep telling Adam the rest will probably be boys. There are 13 Grandkids: 10 boys, 3 girls)

Kenedee is already a little 'mother' and tease to Lincoln. While we were taking the pics she kept pulling his binky in and out, but would shove it back in the instant he started fussing. She loves her brother.

The story of Jesus' birth was read and Kenedee was our little Mary.

And the jokes begin... Adam is known for his 'joke' gifts which all started about three or four years ago. I've got some to post about for Christmas Day but the soup cans for the Dahl kids were put out on Christmas Eve and they weren't very happy. We had the Dahl family (Adam's sisters family) to buy for and had already bought them a gift. Well Adam was being funny with the kids and asked them which kind of canned vegetable they wanted and that they better specify so they could get the better one before it gets taken. Haven didn't think this was very funny and kept asking me 'Kandis, Adam is just joking right? You're not really getting us vegetables for Christmas are you?' I, of course, had to play along with the joke so I started to help the kids decide which vegetable they'd want. Dallin wanted canned mushrooms, Haven finally decided on black beans 'if I HAVE to have a vegetable then I guess black beans', Harrison wanted green peas, Max wanted canned corn, and Micah canned carrots. Since the joke turned into a two-day process of choosing canned vegetables, how could we not go get them. So we ran out Christmas Eve day, got their specific canned veggies, and wrapped & put them under the tree that day. Haven wasn't too happy to actually see a 'canned' shape present under the tree but she forgave us the next day after she unwrapped her black beans and then their real gift. We had some good laughs!
3 comments:
CUTE pictures, Kandis! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas. I love how Kenedee mothers Lincoln. Caysja does the same thing. So sorry you were sick on your anniversary--no fun!
I love looking at the pictures and reading about the fun time you had at Christmas, but it makes me quite sad we couldn't be there. Miss you!
Now that sounds like a good idea! Hmm...
Post a Comment