We bought this house without me even seeing it. I was finishing school at BYU and Adam found this house and knew it was the 'one'. So he sent me pics and we bought it. I remember walking into the house for the first time and being so overwhelmed that I just bawled. I looked around (our boxes and furniture EVERYWHERE) and saw that the house needed a lot of work, which we both knew. But from that day, I've never looked back. We finished most of the work three years ago and have added a few things here and there. So I wanted to document this home and the work we put into it. (The 'before' pics were the ones taken when the previous owners occupied it.)
OUR HOME - Before & After (We put in all new windows, painted the front & garage doors, painted the eves (creme to white), painted the rails, put in a new column)

Walking in the Front Door - Before & After (new paint)

LIVING ROOM - Before & After (new paint, new fan/light fixture in ceiling)


DINING AREA - (put in new light fixture which didn't exist)

KICTHEN - Before & After (new paint, took out light fixture & put in recessed lighting)

Other side of KITCHEN - Before & After (new paint, put in new cabinets, built breakfast bar & added chairs)

OFFICE - Before & After (new paint)

HALLWAY - Before & After (new paint)

KENEDEE'S ROOM - Before & After (new paint). This is what it originally looked like as Kenedee's Nursery and how it was intended to look.

KIDS' ROOM - Here is what it now looks like. I designed the room from Kenedee's bedding and it was the cutest little nursery ever! So when I added in Lincoln, it just became too chaotic for me.. But with two kids, furniture & toys crammed in one room, what can you expect. So do I love it now as much as I did when it was 'Kenedee's Nursery', no, but I think it worked out with Linc's matching bedding in blue)

BATHROOM - Before & After (completely renovated it - new drywall, new cabinets & sink, new toilet, new vanity, new shower backing, new floor, new paint, refinished the tub, crown-molding)

BATHROOM floor - Before & After

BATHROOM w/recently added crown molding - We put this in two weeks and I'm now kicking myself for not doing it three years ago when the bathroom was finished. Crown-molding was the plan all along but we just now got around to it, it definitely added the final touch...

OUR ROOM - Before & After (new paint, new ceiling fan)

BACKYARD - Before & After (took out that giant tree in the middle of the yard, planted grass, and added a deck)


One more day in this house and we're gone. I can't believe moving day is almost here!
13 comments:
Good luck with the move! I hope everything goes well.
PS- That is a beautiful home... you did great work. :)
we are excited to have you in Az!!!
I can't believe how much you did to your house, it looks awesome. Good luck in AZ.
If you ever want to come remodel my house, feel free. Just kidding--you'll have enough to do with a new one in AZ. Good luck.
I don't even want to think or talk about it. Just kidding, We are way excited for you guys and sad at the same. We will miss you guys tons.
You did an awesome job. Good luck on the move. Makenna has the exact same baby girl bedding!
Amazing! Good job guys. Maybe in a few years we will end up back in AZ with you guys. Good luck with the drive. You are so brave to drive it with the kids.
I'm so sad I'm not going to be there to say good bye to you, but I'm so glad that everything is working out for you. The house looks fabulous! I wish you the best! We'll miss you guys!
WOW! You are amazing Kandis!
Good Luck Barlow Famliy! Can't wait to see what you do to your new house. You're awesome!!
It was so fun to see you. I'm so glad that you were able to stop by on your way to Arizona. The kids are still talking about "Candy" and Lincoln. Hope that the blown tire was fixed up quickly and that the rest of your trip was quick and uneventful!
Good luck moving, you guys did a wonderful job on your house! You should come help me when ever it is that I have my own place!
Love, Kim
I can't believe all the stuff you did to that house. It looks awesome. Whoever lives there next will sure appreciate the changes. Sad we never got to see it in person.
Post a Comment