Thursday, July 30, 2009

SAN ANTONIO, TX

Friday, July 17th, we left Louisiana and drove to San Antonio, Texas. Up until now the trip had gone very smoothly. The kids were doing great in the car and we were making pretty decent time. About 50 miles outside of Houston I notice that the front tire on the trailer (with Adam's car on top) was looking pretty flat (I was following Adam in the Pilot). I mention it to the my mom saying we need to tell Adam at our next gas stop so he can put air in the tire... ten minutes later...the tire blows! I instantly saw it blow and picked up the walkie talkie telling Adam he blew a tire, which he couldn't feel at all. It was divine timing since we were about to hit crazy traffic within a few hundred yards and I walkied it over to Adam with ten feet left to get off the offramp. He swerves over barely missing cars and barely makes it off the freeway, seriously crazy timing. And we pull over totally disappointed with the blown tire. Adam called up Penske and they said they'd have a guy over to fix the tire within the next two hours. Luckily there was a gas station (which was the only thing off the freeway) a few hundred yards up so we kicked it there...for the next three hours. NOT COOL. You can only entertain two kiddos in a gas station for so long with blazing heat outside. This is one of the times I was extremely grateful to have my mom there with me, since Adam waited in the truck half the time so he wouldn't miss the tire guy. But three hours later we were back on the road, which put us arriving into San Antonio at midnight. We were beat! Thanks Barlow's (Adam's cousin and his family) for being so accommodating and taking us in so late!

Saturday morning we needed some breathing time after driving 16 hours so we headed into San Antonio to check out the Riverwalk with Mike & Susie's family. We first walked through the Alamo which had beautiful landscaping throughout the grounds and then headed over to the Riverwalk to enjoy the scenery. It was a pretty sweet downtown I must say. Mike & Susie then took us over to Chris Madrids for some tasty (& might greasy) burgers. THANK YOU again for letting us stay over and showing us the town!!!

The Alamo -


The Riverwalk -


Chris Madrids -

5 comments:

blogger said...

Hey, hope u all had enjoyed a lot buddy nice family may god bless you all

raisruckus said...

We were so happy to have y'all. BTW, great picture of me! ;) Glad you're getting somewhat settled. I love keeping up with y'all.

-Susie Q.

Kandis said...

I realized you were in the process of smiling so I swapped it out with your pic from your blog:) Thanks again!

Meagan said...

I'm glad you made it safe and only had 1 tire adventure. Hope you can get settled in soon and can then relax. Love ya.

Barlow Fam said...

You're the best! Thanks. : )