Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Grateful for A-man

This is kind of a random post but I can't stop thinking about this girl that I cheered with at BYU. She got married recently and just posted her wedding video, which is the most tender wedding video I've ever watched...wow. I think when you hear about someone you know who is struggling and is able to overcome what they're going through, you are truly truly happy for them. And more than that, you're able to contemplate on your own life and realize, wow I have a lot to be grateful for, a husband whom I love more than anything, a husband who adores me back, and a marriage that brings so much joy.

Nikki is one of those girls who can brighten a room, she just has one of those happy personalities that loves to laugh. Last I heard she got married in the temple, living in California, and had two little girls. I then found her blog a few years ago, finding out that she was going through 'hell', as she put it. She and her husband were getting divorced. She never said any horrible things about him but I know he had done some horrible things that led to the divorce. She kept posting on her blog through all of this, and it was so sad to read sometimes and see how much she was struggling. Starting over with two kids, going back to get her Masters, and doing it alone. She found this guy who loved and respected her and I can't be more HAPPY for her!!!!!

Here's the link to her Wedding Video, it is amazing! (I think I've watched it like four times now!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also enjoyed watching her wedding video...pretty cool and very exciting for Nikki. It is neat to see you publicly expressing gratefulness for Adam. Congrats on all the major and impressive home improvements.

Nikki (Have Joy) said...

Kandis!! I haven't read anyone's blog in AGES, and I'm catching up tonight and ran across this random post about me. haha. Thanks for your sweet words and comments about my video. It's amazing how other people's experiences can make us so thankful for our own blessings. Congrats on the new house! Looks awesome. Maybe I'll hire you to come decorate mine for me. :)