
With the Christmas Holiday and moving into a new house, my blogging has taken a back seat. Not to mention I have about a million pics from the last month. But the boxes are slowly becoming less and less so hopefully I'll catch these last two months up. If we had done a Christmas Card for 2009, this would have been the pic. I feel like a total slacker for not doing one but moving in three days before Christmas vacation, shopping, unpacking, and packing was about all I could handle!

Thanksgiving this year was a bit different for us. Instead of going to California to be with the Barlow Family, they came to us (hoping we'd be into our house so they could help us unpack). We were still a few weeks from moving in but it was still nice to be around so we could see the work being done on our house. They were able to see the extreme nastiness of our house start to transform (paint and carpets went in that weekend). We all went to a local restaurant for Thanksgiving Day where they cooked a 'thanksgiving' turkey meal. Here's Kenedee and me sporting our 'matching' outfits (from previous post).

Waiting to be seated at the restaurant... (Kenedee with Aunt Hannah, Aunt Kim, and Grandma Barlow)


Adam's mom is from Arizona so we spent part of the day visiting family. Kenedee was able to get her energy out though, this girl loves to run and is pretty fast...

A relative of Adam's lives next to the parents of Brooke White... from American Idol. So when we headed over to see family that evening I saw a car with California license plates. I turned to Adam and said, 'I bet that's Brooke's car! Dude, crazy!'. We walked in and asked if Brooke was home and they confirmed it. At that time, I was seriously considering going over to meet her, crazy I know. But we were all chatting away when next thing I know, Adam's aunt brings Brooke into the kitchen (she knew I wanted to meet her so she went and got her for me!!!) Everyone there kept laughing at me cause I was a bit excited to meet her. She was extremely nice, super cute, and made my day! I couldn't meet her and not get a pic (everyone laughing again). But look who's got the pic! Me! (don't ya love the red-excited face, don't comment!) We had a great Thanksgiving Day!!!
10 comments:
Looks like you had a great time. I love the pictures, they are so cute. Good luck with unpacking.
Love all the pics, but I will let you in on a little secret...I gasped when I saw the pic with Brooke White! How awesome is that? I love that you have a pic with her. Woot Woot!
So fun Kandis! And, I totally agree with you about Brooke White - she is super cute, I would've been the same way . . .
Hey Lady! Fun posts. We haven't seen you in awhile. Glad that you are getting settled in your new home. We would love to come see it. I bet it looks awesome! We should try to get together next week. We have been sick over here (surprise, surprise) but we should be all good next week. How about lunch?
we are HUGE Brooke White fans over here. The girls know her songs & she was our hands down FAVORITE last season! You should her Crystal sing her "Jolene!" It's priceless!
Your claim to fame!! Very cool! I love her voice and she is so nice. Very cool! Can't wait to see "after" pictures of the house. I hope your life slows down a bit. You've been going full speed for months!
Cute blog Kandis. I love your matching outfits that you made. Avery had so much fun playing with Kennedy. We will have to get them together more often.
hey friend! youre such a good little blogger! im not, but i do still read blog occasionally. i saw your post about those flowers and soon after another friend posted about them. she said she uses really strong magnets to attach them to different things. i thought you might like this idea cuz it seems easier than pins. anyway, if you want to check it out or ask questions go to my blog and find grant and brittany barnes. glad you guys are in your house!
Hey Kandis! :) Thanks for your comment... here is the link for my pretty blossoms- i might be selling them in local boutiques but recently Shade clothing has been asking about them.
http://grantandbritt.blogspot.com/search/label/pretty%20blossoms
i love the little dress you made for your DARLING little girl. seriously, she is just a doll. grant thinks its crazy you have two kids! anyway you are inspiring me to be more crafty!
Kandis! I didn't know that you guys moved to East Mesa! We are totally in the same stake, I used to be in Parkwood Ward too until they changed the boundaries. Crazy!
Post a Comment