Since Kenedee was a baby, I've been known to occasionally coordinate our outfits. Not to the extreme but coordinate colors here and there, many times subconsciously though. But for Thanksgiving Day I decided to make us twinners. I found this fabric at Joanns that I've had my eye on, figured out what I wanted to do with it and went to town. I first bought two shirts from Charlotte Russe, mine was $5.00 and the one I used for Kenedee's outfit was
$1.50, that's right people, a dollar fifty. I've been wanting to take a normal-sized t-shirt and convert it to a dress for Kenedee so this turned out to be the perfect opportunity. I've never worked with sleeves before but wow, it surprisingly turned out AWESOME!
Here is Kenedee with the t-shirt on before I cut it all up...

I then took it in on the sides, cut off the sleeves and re-sized them, re-sized the neck and sewed it back together.

I then took the material that I've had my eye on and made a hem around the bottom of the dress and a ruffle down the front...

She loved it, can you tell! It is the cutest little form fitting t-shirt dress though, super comfy. She kept posing away for me saying 'mom, take one like this'... oh dear.


For my shirt, I kept the black t-shirt as is and added a ruffle collar all around the neck...LOVE IT! We were loving our coordinating outfits, and both for a killer deal!
4 comments:
So cute! That Kenedee is one darling girl... love her poses. :)
Gosh those turned out super cute! You've got the talent sista!
How fun to meet Brooke White I loved her on American Idol. I love your matching outfits wish I could sew like that makes me want to try. It was good to see you guys for a brief moment over Christmas your kids are adorable. Good luck unpacking.
The poses are the ultimate. That girl!
Post a Comment