No pics with this post but I wanted to document Kenedee's first trip to the Dentist (August 2010). I've been wanting to get her in for awhile, especially with her one front tooth. She fell down our porch at our Georgia house about 1 1/2 years ago. Her mouth was bleeding a bit and I'm pretty sure she hit her teeth. So we started watching it and her one front tooth started turning a bit gray. We talked to a dentist or two about it and they said that unless it looks infected leave it in so we haven't done anything about it. The grayish color isn't so visible anymore but it basically quite growing and even has a chip in part of it. Adam's cousin's husband (was that confusing) is a dentist out here. We see them each Sunday at dinner so he said to bring her on in to get x-rays to make sure it looks okay. He thought that her sucking the thumb didn't help with the dead tooth and probably kept it from coming down as well. (WHICH, SHE WAS OFFICIALLY OFF THE THUMB - back in JUNE/JULY BEFORE SHE TURNED 4, PHEW!!!).
It made it much better going to see Dr. Drew that she sees every Sunday. She had to bite down on this plastic thing while a machine did a 360 around her head, pretty sweet. She did awesome while her teeth got cleaned (a few tears, but with mom's hand she was okay to sit there). Dr. Drew brought in her x-rays and I just started laughing, hopefully more in my head than out loud. Her permanent teeth that will be coming down in a few short years are HUGE! I think my child got my teeth, poor girl. I had to get every tooth pulled except maybe 4. I had to get 4 permanent teeth pulled because I don't have enough room in my petite mouth for my big teeth, had head gear to pull my bunny-teeth back up in my head, and had braces twice. I don't think Kenedee's dental/orthodontal future looks so good :) Her front tooth looked okay though so we'll just wait until it falls out...and in come the monster-teeth!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment