
These two play so good together (most of the time :)


Friday, August 13th, was our last day on the lake: a full day of Rainbow Bridge & Hole-In-The-Rock.
First up, Rainbow Bridge. Adam had to get back to work for the last two days of the trip so he left early which is why our family pic isn't quite complete under the Bridge...

The Grandparents with their little ones...


Checking out the famous Dinosaur footprint which had to be filled with water so the kids could see it...

Lunchtime on the boat = some good times!

Hole-In-The-Rock. One amazing hike to behold knowing that back in 1880, an expedition of Mormon Pioneers came down this rock crevice with 250 people, 83 wagons, and over 1000 livestock...no one died, no wagons were lost. Kind of amazing if you've ever been up/down this super narrow & steep climb.
It's been a few years since I've done this hike. I've been occupied with either new babies, breastfeeding, or staying back to tend. So this year I finally made myself do the hike and I'm glad I did. I didn't get any sweet pics of the way up or down so the top will just have to do. I was expecting it to kill me this year since I haven't done it in awhile but it was actually quite refreshing. I made it to the top!

I love that us four siblings all made the hike together (plus Olivia and Daddy-O), we're only missing Kurt.

After a good day of Hiking we came back to the Hotel for Kenedee's B-Day celebrations! She was turning 4 on Sunday so we had to celebrate with the family. My aunt had brought tupperwares of dress-ups for a 'kid parade'. Lincoln went into the 'dress-up' room to get his gear on and came walking out like this... (top left pic). We all busted up laughing cause he looked like an orange fairy. He wanted nothing to do with it and ripped it off immediately, therefore refusing to be in the parade.

After the parade came cupcakes. Such cheesers...

Kenedee in her costume and posing with her presents that she couldn't wait to open.

She's been into sewing cards for awhile so Aunt Kellie found some super cute ones to give to her for her birthday. She's also been wanting a 'pink guitar' for the last two months so Grandma & Grandpa made her day. She thought it was super cool.

Uncle Kristopher rocking out and Lincoln in total concentration. Adam & Lincoln: Like Father like Son. They both stick their tongues out when they are concentrating super hard on something. It makes me laugh to see him do this too.

We had a good crowd this year. My family, my Aunt's family, and my 94 year old Grandpa - one amazing guy! Another year come and gone... we sure love you LAKE POWELL!!!!!
1 comment:
Looks like you really had a great time in Powell this year. It was nice to see a picture of Scout.
Post a Comment