Tuesday, October 5, 2010

K's First Day of Ballet


I couldn't figure out what to put Kenedee in this year. I was really wanting her to do gymnastics and dance but never really found a place when September came around. I took her to a gymnastics open-house one Saturday and she LOVED it. So my plans were to sign her up and start her that next week. Well...that same Saturday (September 12th) she fell off the trampoline, landed on her shoulder, and fractured her collarbone. That pretty much shot down her gymnastics option since it needed a few weeks to heal. Which we only thought it was cracked, maybe even strained ligaments since the x-ray came back showing no real fracture - Urgent Care. So no sling for Kenedee, she just took it easy for two weeks. After those two weeks she went in for her 4 year old check-up with her doctor. I asked the doctor if it was normal that there was a good-sized bump on her bone where she had hurt it, she said 'yes, if she broke it or fractured it. it's the bone healing over'...interesting. So we had to go back in for more x-rays to see if it really was fractured and indeed it was. I kind of felt bad but was okay with the fact that we couldn't have done a whole lot more for her, maybe a sling but that would be for comfort. So a friend was telling me about a Dance class she was putting her daughter in, starting October, and we jumped right at it. Kenedee geared up and off we went. She's only been to one class but she's a FAN! She is one cute ballerina. So Dance it is this Fall!!!!

No comments: