Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Flu-like Symptoms

Have any of you had flu-like symptoms before going into labor??? I FEEL HORRIBLE!!!!!

I woke up at 6 with the WORST achy back that would not go away and felt super nauseous. I fell back to sleep and woke back up at 7 still feeling the same. I came downstairs and laid on the couch, ate a granola bar to see if that would help the nausea and it didn't (but I was able to keep it down). I wondered if I could have a flu-bug but yet I've been able to keep food down today and it actually feels okay when I do eat. I still feel like I could puke any second but yet I can keep food down, does that make sense...so I'm not sure it's a bug of some sort. I read that an achy back and flu-like symptoms are signs of labor but I don't know if that means soon or this will pass and it will still be another few days...annoying. I feel awful! Anyone else experienced this????

9 comments:

Buckaroo Bob said...

I remember with Brynlee my back was killing me and I was miserable. I'm pretty sure I was back laboring and it wasn't fun. I hope it means labor for you and not the flu! Gosh when you are almost there it sure feels like the pregnancy will never end!!

PS I sent you a text today...did you get it?

Tiff and Dave said...

Sorry, that was me! Blogger is weird now and doesn't tell me which account is signed in. Buckaroo Bob is Dave's random fantasy football account! :)

Kids in the Kong said...

I felt the flu-like illness just before I deliver my babies. Good luck and finish "resting" while you can.

Leah said...

Crap/..I hope we didn't give it to you!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Yes! They are a crazy type of labor pain! They stink, but at least it's doing something. Poor thing!

celeste said...

well?????

CYD said...

YES!!!! it's awful. I think the pain is just so awful you're nauseated. good luck!!

Chelsi said...

I remember feeling like that! Not FUN!!

Mrs Gable said...

praying for you!!!