Friday, April 1, 2011

TWO NEW BABIES...

were born today and neither were ours. But I've been thinking about both all day long!

First, our newest nephew was born today...Davis Jacob Rose (born on his Uncle Jacob's birthday - how cool is that!). Adam's sister Heidi and I were born on the same day - same year. It's crazy to think that my mom and Adam's mom were both in the hospital giving birth on the same day, kinda cool. And I thought it would be even cooler if both of our babies were born on the same day...but that was not in our little man's plans. Heidi was 7 days overdue so I couldn't be more happier for her. Welcome DAVIS man!

And second, our family friend from Idaho had their baby boy today - Gibson Jones. They found out he had a diaphragmatic hernia (hole in his diaphragm) from an early ultrasound. He made his arrival tonight and I've been thinking about him all day. He was born on National Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Awareness Day, kind of crazy. When it comes to birth and life, it really shows you how much control our Father in Heaven has. I'm hoping for the best for this little guy.

It makes me grateful for the health I've had so far and the healthy boy in my womb. I'm just hoping all goes well from here on out, why does it get scarier with each baby!

7 comments:

Kendall said...

I hope that little man comes soon. I know it's the worst thing to hear, but enjoy the last few days of peace and quiet. Also, my brother Mattson's little girl Gentry was born a year ago (almost exactly; 3/25) with a diaphragmatic hernia. If your friend would like someone to talk to I'd love to pass on their info. Although Gentry had a very severe case and is still on oxygen, she's growing and doing great.

Jackie said...

I hope your guy does join the fun soon.

Maybe you already know, but Jenn's son, Jake, had CDH too. She and her husband are a wealth of information on the topic too if your friend is interested.

raisruckus said...

Didn't know that about you and Heidi. That's so fun. Good luck, I can't wait to meet your new little guy!!!

CYD said...

Our prayers will be with your friends son. CDH is such a scary diagnosis-but hopefully he's getting the incredible care that my nephew had.

I hope you have yours soon! I freaked when I read your title b/c I was thinking it was weird you hadn't mentioned you were having twins! Der! And then I thought it was some April Fool's deal. Anyway. Good luck!

Tiffany W said...

I had no idea there was such a day! Heidi (my oldest) was born with CDH and you'd never guess looking at her today. I hope all goes just as well for your friend's family.

Calyn said...

I think it gets scarier with each one because you realize that it is a true miracle just to have a healthy baby! Good luck! You have such a gorgeous family!

Jones Family said...

Thanks for mentioning Gibson :). The more prayers the better. I hope you can have your baby soon. The waiting in the end is always so hard