Friday, May 6, 2011

ONE MONTH OLD


Pierce is one month old today! I haven't posted anything since Easter because not much has been going on besides trying to get Pierce better. He caught a cold at 3 weeks old. I was quite nervous the day he came down with it since we are at the end of our RSV season (Lincoln also caught a cold that same day) and both boys are still sick. Pierce luckily didn't get too bad but definite congestion, goopy eye and crappy sleep :) He's been sleeping in his car seat for a week and a half now with the humidifier running constantly. It takes so long for their little bodies to get better!

At three weeks old he started doing a 5 hour stretch for me: 10 pm - 3 am...and it felt amazing to sleep that long at once. It hasn't been all that bad with him sick but I think it will get better once he's completely healthy and isn't gasping for air when his nose gets clogged.

He's going through a 'not so cute' stage right now :) Is that bad of me to say??? But don't they all go through that stage. He lost most of his hair on top (why do my kids do that). They lose it on top and keep it on the sides...looking like an old man. Pierce lost most of his hair on top until about half way back and you can see super blonde fuzz coming in where his original hair line was. His facial features look like my other two but his hair and eyes are definitely different. Kenedee & Lincoln both have super dark brown eyes (which didn't come from Adam or I since we both have green eyes, well Adam's are more hazel). And Pierce has blue eyes so far, we'll see how they end up. So other than the awesome hair going on, he also got the teenage acne on his two cheeks. He got it at about 3 weeks old and it's still pretty red and blotchy. I don't remember if my other two had it like this and maybe it's normal. But I'm also wondering if something is irritating it (milk, detergent, etc). He has his one month check up next week so we'll see what the doc says. But other than that, he's still a little champ and one precious little baby boy!!!

7 comments:

Amy said...

He's super cute! All your kids are though. Hope you all get better soon.

Dennis said...

And what is so bad about losing hair on the top and keeping it on the sides? I think it is quite distinguished actually, maybe even a little sexy.

Kellie said...

That is funny about his hair. Love the new blonde coming in. Yeah he def looks different from your other kids, I can't quite pin his look to anyone.

mrs. barlow said...

he is already a month?! where does time go?

Anonymous said...

I hate that baby acne. Navy had it BAD! I thought it was never going away either. But it did and it does...he's still super cute though...it's strange how much they change so fast.

The Weeden Family said...

Hailey got sick at 2 weeks old as well. It's just awful to see them so miserable right when they enter the world. Luckily Pierce has such a good mommy to take care of him. :-) He is adorable!! Congrats!

Heather Inns said...

I hope the boys get better soon.