Monday, June 25, 2012

Father's Day 2012

Sunday, June 17th - my cute boys in their matching ties on Father's Day...



Tie background: I found this site online selling matching ties for Father's Day for a father and his son/sons, which I thought would be a fun surprise. Well when Adam opened this present before church he pulls out his tie and says "I'm not wearing this, this is WAY too skinny." And yes, it was WAY skinny. But not too skinny to match his two boys so he was a trooper and wore it anyway. Lincoln & Pierce thought they were pretty cool matching their dad!


After church we came home and opened presents. Adam didn't want anything since he had treated himself to a long-wanted something a few weeks prior but we had to get him a few surprises. We got him this new book from Deseret Book titled 'The House of the Lord' which is this awesome pop-up book all about different temples and such.


The kids were so excited for him to open the present they had made for him...a tree with their handprints as leaves (the tree was way skinnier than their giant hands, but oh well :) with a quote Adam had found a few days before Father's Day and loved...'a son's first hero, a daughter's first love' - underneath the word 'DAD'. Pierce thought it was pretty cool to point to his handprint. :) (And his other surprise was a new razor, fun right. He did enjoy that one though since he needed a new shaver). We sure love this guy!



I made these cards for the Grandpas and had the kids tell me what to write. Here's the info about their Grandpa Craig & Grandpa Barlow...



A few other things to document about Father's Day. Both Adam & I spoke on Father's Day and I also taught Gospel Doctrine...double whammy! When the Bishopric member asked me if I was teaching that day and I said I was, he told me to find a sub since that wasn't fair to have me do both. I was thinking 'you're right!' But when I told Adam this, he said 'are you kidding me, that's easy. you can do both.' uggghh. But I had plenty of time to prepare and it definitely put me in a spiritual high for Father's Day, nothing better. It all went great but I was much relieved when they were both over.

Another thing I wanted to document was the little blessing I received that day. I woke up that morning with the worst upset stomach. I chalked it up to nerves and went on with my day. As soon as I left my house for church the upset stomach was gone, I felt 100% healthy. Well about four hours later (after my talk and lesson were over) the most intense stomach pain came to haunt me and for the next 8 hours I was curled up in the fetal position on the couch. It felt like my stomach lining was getting eaten away, not to mention the worst upset stomach, nausea, aches, chills, and feeling completely AWFUL!!! For sure Adam's worst ending to a Father's Day...he had to cook his own Father's Day dinner, clean up dinner (which is a beast with how Pierce eats) and put all three kids to bed solo. Sad ending to our great start. But for four hours the sickness was taken away, a true blessing indeed.

No comments: