Saturday, January 19, 2008
SNOW DAY - PART II
So today was another day of snow prediction, and yes it came true. Adam had his church b-ball game this morning across town and when we left the game (10 AM) it started snowing. It was really coming down and super fun to behold. It snowed for a couple of hours and snow definitely accumulated on the ground (with a few snowmen built by our neighbors). But this whole snow thing has been so entertaining for me for some reason. I realize I grew up with feet upon feet of snow and Idaho is built for that, but with our inch again of snow the entire 4 million population of Atlanta SHUT DOWN today, not joking. The stores started closing as early as 2 PM so people could get home before it got dark. About every entertaining thing in the city closed down as well as every single church service tomorrow - OURS INCLUDED. My sister went grocery shopping this evening and she said that the entire bread section was cleared out, as well as the soup and bean areas - I guess people are expecting to not leave their homes for days - who knows. We went out on the town tonight and I think we were the only six people out and about, too crazy. To give Atlanta credit though it's supposed to drop to 17 degrees tonight which is pretty extreme for what they're used to. But yeah, pretty crazy to behold this type of shut down for so little snow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
That is pretty hilarious! Kansas City was close to the same way. When they thought it "might" snow, all of the schools would be closed etc... I think they would all have a heart attack if they visited Idaho with all the snow.
Sorry, the last comment was me. I forgot to sign out of my other account!
Forget you guys man... we're at a wind chill of -5 degrees and we still have church.
I know, I was dying when my called and said it was snowing in Mississippi. It hasn't done that since I was like 12 or something. Yea it's a big deal when it snows in the south, pretty funny!
Haha, I love it! The same thing used to happen with I lived in Texas. They don't know how to handle even just one inch. It has been so cold down here lately, too. At least you guys got some snow out of it!
oops, i meant, "when" I lived in Texas. :)
That makes me laugh...my kids keep asking us when they will have a "snow day" and I told them not to count on it! We had like 3 feet dump while they were at school and nothing. Sigh...
Makes you feel like you are brave driving around in Atlanta while snow barely dusts the ground doesn't it? You can't help but giggle at people being scared of something your used too!
Sounds like St. George "snow days". When we lived in Canada, the only time the kids got a snow day was if they couldn't dig themselves out from behind the mountain of snow piled in front of the house door! (Not joking!)
Hmmm. I just left a comment on Kelly's blog and feel stupid repeating the same thing! But I know what you're talking about. Even here in NJ everything comes to a screeching halt. But you and your family is safer not being on the roads b/c nobody can drive in it!
Post a Comment