Tuesday, May 27, 2008
LINCOLN/LINCOLN
So once we decided we were going to do a President's theme for all of our kids names (me loving President's names since I was younger and Adam being an American Studies major) Lincoln has always been our favorite boy name. There wasn't a whole lot of question as to what our first boy would be named, so little man was born and we named him Lincoln. Well today we're sitting here and Adam had the history channel on, which was showing a documentary on Lincoln's assassination. They finally get to the final day when it all went down, the day Lincoln was shot, and what day was it... APRIL 14th... the same day our Lincoln was born!!! How weird is that! President Lincoln didn't officially die until the next morning but it's still too weird that Lincoln was born on the day he was shot, crazy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Too funny we saw the same show and my birthday is April 14th as well what a good day. Are you guys coming to the barlow reunion in July?
Weird! You didn't plan that?
That is pretty crazy!
How random is that...I had no idea that you were doing all presidents names...that is a neat idea!
That is quite the coincidence.
Wow! That really is crazy!
That's really cool. I didn't realize that that's where your children's names came from. That's really neat. Lincoln was such an inspiring and amazing man. It's a wonderful namesake.
Hey Kandis!! Congrats on the little one. You need some pictures. Your little girl is adorable and i really like your short hair, it looks real cute. Hope all is well and take care.
i like the name lincoln, that is crazy though.
That's spooky! You should consider changing his name! jk!
FREAKY!
So did you know I wanted all prez names too? Dan is a party pooper and wouldn't go for it. We started with Kennedy and Noah was going to be Jackson, Rylee was supposed to be Reagan, Luke was going to be Lincoln. Sigh...that is why I put my foot down with this last little surprise! I am finally getting Reagan. First and last isn't too bad right?
That's crazy..I never knew that. I hate boy names for the most part -- or not hate, but they are the hardest to come up w/ so when my husband said let's name him lincoln, i fell in love it it. it's such a strong name and i've only met two others, now three!
Post a Comment