Yes, you just read that right. Little man finally pooped after 16 days. So yes, I had to make an interruption in my vacation posts to blog about this momentous occasion and send a special shout out to the Petersons for helping Lincoln blow out his diaper.
At two weeks old, Lincoln started to poop every 7 days. I freaked out the first time it happened, called the doctor, had her check him out and everything cause Kenedee was an everyday pooper. The doctor wasn't worried cause he's breastfed (which can cause them to go a few days) but also because it was still the nasty runny consistency, sorry to disgust you all but come on who hasn't changed poopy diapers. I still keep track everytime he poops just to make sure it doesn't get out of hand. I will say I started to get nervous when he had gone 12 days while we were in Idaho. And believe me, I've done it all, the bicycle kick, thermometer up the bum, etc. He's never really in pain so I wait til it all comes out cause he definitely works on his own clock. But I started to get worried yesterday since it had been two weeks on Sunday. Yes, Matt & Kristen, two weeks ago when we were all in church listening to Matt speak in sacrament meeting, can you believe it's been that long! So come Monday I decided I'd wait a another few days and then probably call the doctor. So today I headed over to borrow my friends exersaucer for Lincoln. We came home, I gave him the 'thermometer up the bum trick' and stuck him in the exersaucer to see if he liked it. He quite enjoyed himself I must say. Cause after a half hour I finally pulled him out to find... the master of all master blowouts!!!!! THANK YOU PETERSONS for helping my little man poop. But don't worry, it didn't get on the exersaucer. So yes 16 days later, Lincoln finally pooped. I never thought I'd get so excited to have my child poop but it happens everytime he does since it takes so dang long. So excuse my excited blog post on a disgusting subject but it sure made my day!!!
9 comments:
Our boy was like Lincoln. . . going 15 days once with an average of once a week. However, he had to be assisted when it was finally time for the deed. I am glad that when Lincoln finally needs to go, he can go on his own.
Oh that is scary. Kingston has been like that from day one. He went three weeks once. Finally the doctor told me to give him Miralax and that helps a ton. It is natural so there aren't any side effects and it doesn't seem to bother Kingston at all except to make him poop!
Our Sebastian was like that. Except it did get all over the exersaucer. It would be up to his shoulders and UNDER his feet. It came out like yellow lava. Nice. It was his favorite place to poop. Man I don't miss those days.....
Glad to know you were able to continue breastfeeding.
I always thought Lincoln was full of it...just kidding. Poor little guy, what a relief!
Simple people. Simple pleasures! hehehe!!
sick.
nice Kandis!
I know how you feel....or when they have gas and can't go. That is the worst! At least he wa snot miserable!! I am surprised that it did not get on the saucer. However, I am sure it got everywhere else. :)
Wow! I cannot even imagine the damage!!! I know what damage my little guy makes after only a couple days!!! Oh and it is definitely post worthy!!! 16 days!
Post a Comment