During my last year of cheering at BYU ('03-'04), the big football game that season was Notre Dame. We got to travel to all of the away games but Notre Dame was by far the highlight of the fall season. Three weeks before the Notre Dame game, I dislocate my elbow while warming up on the football field with my partner, crappy! So I said good-bye to my Notre Dame trip. Let's just say I was a little bitter at the time when my partner got to go without me, when it was his fault I dislocated my elbow causing me to sit out the trip and the next few weeks. Elise brought me back a 'Notre Dame Cheer' shirt which is the closest I've come to South Bend, IN. So when Matt & Kristen brought up the idea of going to see South Bend (which was only 45 minutes away) I jumped at the idea!
We drove through the city (more like small town) and got to drive past Notre Dame. We then went and checked out the
College Football Hall of Fame.


Notice our little football in the pic on the right...

The boys enjoyed themselves with their interactive football area as well as the football/fan manicans. We tried to get Matt to take his shirt off so he'd blend in better with the football fans but people started to walk in the theater so he chickened out. We had some good laughs with those manicans.

On the way back I called up my parents and said "I finally made it to Notre Dame!!!" Thanks Matt & Kristen for a great day to South Bend, IN. I can now check it off my list!
7 comments:
I totally forgot that about your elbow. I don't even remember who your partner was. I'm glad you made it there. Isn't it awesome?!
I remember how back that sucked to miss that game that year--remember my doctor wouldn't let me fly so I couldn't go as the coach?!!! Anyway, I can't find you phone number in my phone, but I need to talk to you about that competition routine. Call me :)
yay! i'm so glad you got to go. i can't really complain because i'm sure it's because you couldn't go that i got to be the only freshman there! i'm sure you & adam ate it all up! so fun.
I was so sad you weren't there and I forgot about our Notre Dame t-shirts!! You probably had more fun playing all the games with your cute family. Love the little football.
How fun for you to finally get there! Looks like it was worth the wait!
That is so awesome Kandis! Better with your family anyways right?
See, you were right by me in South Bend; I'm in Granger, another small town right there. I keep peeking at your blog to see your new presidential posts. Come see mine!!!
Post a Comment