Monday, January 12, 2009

6 YEARS LATER!!!

Yep, we celebrated our 6 YEAR ANNIVERSARY on December 20th. The 20th was a Saturday and just so happened to be the day BYU played Arizona in the Bowl Game (Las Vegas). Adam's brother, McKay, sold us his sweet tickets since they couldn't make it down and we took full advantage of our night-getaway. We left the kids with Adam's parents, yes the first time leaving them and they did great! We drove to Vegas on Saturday, checked in to our hotel, ate, and headed over to the Bowl Game. Much to our disappointment, BYU sucked it up. But it was still fun to be back to a football game, a first for both of us since we left.


It was also quite special since we spent part of our Honeymoon in Vegas. We stayed at the JW Marriott, deluxe! and had to go back. This is the shower that Adam fell in love with six years ago. Everytime we talk about our dream house he always brings up his dream shower and talks about the one at JW. The funny thing was he wasn't quite as impressed this time round, maybe since he'd been dreaming of it for the last 6 years.

I was also quite excited for the best night sleep with no kids waking us up all early. But Saturday night turned into the worst nights sleep EVER! I tossed and turned, every bone in my body ached, I was super hot then really cold, finally I got up around 6 and felt horrible. Oh yes, that awesome bug that hit Kenedee the day we flew out (which I'm now pretty sure was some type of flu bug) struck me on Sunday. I sat in the hotel room for about two hours trying not to throw up, took an hour shower (longest I've ever taken) but man it felt good. I finally started feeling a little better as we drove home. Other than the stupid flu-bug we had an amazing weekend!!!

8 comments:

blythe said...

Happy 6 years! I can't believe its been that long! Your long holiday break sounds like it was a blast!

The Ahumadas said...

You guys have been busy! Congratulations on six happy years!

Rebecca said...

Happy Anniversary! Our anniversary is on the 19th! 5 years for us! Congrats!

Jones Family said...

Happy Anniversary!

Shaunte' said...

I can't believe we've been married to our hubby's for 6 years! Time flys, doesn't it. Our 6th is on Jan 18th, crazy. Hey we live in your neck of the woods these days. WE moved to Huntsville, AL! If we ever get close to Atlanta, we'll look you guys up! Kenedee and Lincoln are growing up!

Bryan and Marissa said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Dude I had no idea you got sick! That sucks!!!

Matt said...

Wow! You guys are so in love!

Unknown said...

I'm over here DYING! I had to read the line that talked about Adam falling in love with the shower three times! I so thought it said, "This is the shower that Adam fell in love with me in." It's late....LOL!


Happy late anniversary!