Friday, January 9, 2009

COMPETITION DAY

December 6th was the big competition day. The USA Regional Competition was held that weekend in Ogden, UT so we all drove down the night before. I was pretty nervous to be honest. They basically only had those three weeks I had been there running their practices to get ready for this competition. This was such a big deal since they needed to score high enough to qualify for the National competition in March.

Kellie designed the competition t-shirts that the parents all wore. My parents bought one for all of us, even Kenedee! Too cute! My child couldn't go without 'competition' hair...

For those of you that have competed in cheer competitions, you know what competition morning is like! We had a room designated for hair and makeup and it was a very efficient assembly line. Girls would come in, Kate and I would do their makeup, they would then get their braided and put in a bun, their hair-pieces sewed in, bow tied and then they were set. They all looked so cute!

The performance...

The Olson fam after the competition...
(Kenedee, Grandpa Craig, Grandma Kris, Lincoln, Kurt, Kandis, Kate, Kellie)

If you know my mom, then you know there is a picture taken for every category... girl picture, boy picture, sibling picture, etc. So I included two of our many. The top is our four generation 'head cheerleader' pic in order (I wasn't joking about categories, we have a lot of pics and I think she passed that onto me!) and the bottom one is the sibling pic of course (we're only missing my older brother Kristopher)

Squad pic... (they got their bid, PHEW!) Now they have to work their butts off in the next few months to get ready for Nationals, and yes we're going!

These pictures were taken at their Boys Basketball game the night before. It worked out that their high school boys team was playing there in Ogden so the girls cheered and practiced their stunts from their routine. I wasn't able to snap a pic while the girls were competiting so here are a few stunts from the routine...
Single Base Extensions - Kate is the main base on the left

Arabesques - Kate is the flyer (girl on top) in the middle stunt. Her arabesques are beautiful!

Nikes - Kate is the flyer (girl on top) in the middle stunt again (same stunt sequence)

6 comments:

Kellie said...

sweet pics at the basketball game - those look great.

Rebecca said...

You guys all look alike--it's amazing!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

FAB U LOUS! What a blast! Did I ever tell you I coached a (small) college team a few years back? We had a great stunt team!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Ehem...few more things:

Love the shirts
Love the stunts
Love that you guys take pics in categories! I think it is passed on from Grandma Shirls because we do it too! I can't imagine taking pics any other way!

Kandis said...

Grandma Shirley is for sure responsible for the camera-loving!

blythe said...

you'll have to post a video of the routine. looks like it was a lot of fun!