Saturday, September 26, 2009

28 HOURS LATER...I have survived!

We MADE it back to Arizona after our 28-hour round trip to Idaho. Yes, that was the biggest beast of a drive doing it ALONE! I decided to venture home ALONE with the two kids in the backseat. My sister, Kellie, was due Friday, Sept 25th (which is when my mom was going to fly to Atlanta to help her out). So about a week ago I decided to try and squeeze in a week at home in Idaho before my mom took off. I would have put off this trip but I figured that if I didn't make it home last week, we wouldn't be home until December so I made the 14 hour drive home.

Monday, Sept 14th, we drove the 6 hours back home from California (previous post). Tuesday I washed laundry and packed back up. Wednesday we took off for Idaho, staying the night in St. George with our friends (thanks Dave & Tiff!!!) which cut our drive in half making it 7 hours of driving each day. Thursday, the 17th, we finally arrived in Idaho Falls! Wow. I was exhausted and so were the kids. We had arrived home to Idaho when FIVE HOURS later we get a call from Kellie & Steve... 'my water just broke, we're headed to hospital!' WHAT!!!!!! Seriously! I just got home! But really, I couldn't have been more excited for Kellie, going a week early for any pregnant woman is the best thing ever! So we packed in as much as we could in the two days we had with my mom. She flew to Atlanta Sunday morning and we stayed back and partied with my dad. He treated us in the evenings after work and even came home early to play with the kids in the backyard, dinner out, and blizzards for dessert - SWEET! So yes, even though my mom took off my dad was a great host. But with all of this happening, we decided to cut our trip short a few days and got back in the car on Wednesday, the 23rd, and made it to Phoenix on Thursday. WOW. It has taken me two days to finally recoup from all the driving alone, I think I went a little CRAZY in those 28 hours. But we made it. Let's just say with traveling for four days (round trip) I'm staying a solid 2-3 weeks next time. But it is nice to know I can do it if I ever had to. So after about 15 movies, 9 hours of Lincoln whining, bags & bags of snacks, and 28 hours of driving, WE MADE IT BACK!!!! (pics still to come)

2 comments:

Erica said...

I can't believe you did it! When I saw your last post about going to Cali, I thought you had opted to go there instead. But you did BOTH! At least you survived and got to see your family.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

That makes me super tired for you! That is awesome that you did it though! We are so excited for Kellie too!