Friday, September 4, 2009

MY FIRST CREATION!!!


I've been envisioning this dress in my head for quite some time. Kenedee has two dresses that are roughly this same style (mostly shape) but no way could I attempt buttons or a zipper on my first try. So I simplified the shape and added in a bottom hem as well as those strips down the front. I sat down, drew up a shape on the fabric, cut, and put it together. It took a few trys to get the rouging (hope that's the right word) strips how I wanted them to look, but once I had those figured out, I was in love with this dress. She will definitely be sporting this beauty to Church on Sunday. Version two will definitely be tweaked a bit (adding in a double layer on the insides so you don't see the ugly hem, but other than that I think it's a winner...

I could not get this girl to stand normal for me. And the goofy smile is still going strong!

9 comments:

Kellie said...

That turned out awesome. And I love the other skirt too...funny how both of them are brown and pink, your favorite colors.

Amy said...

That is seriously so cute! I wish I lived by you so I could learn to make those skirts too how adorable.

Heather Inns said...

I love the dress and the skirts. You did a great job. Congrats on the sewing machine.

Jones Family said...

You are so creative. The skirt and dress are super cute

Shannon & Justin Hutchins said...

Adorable!! It was so fun spending time with you and the fam, and I can't wait to see what else you create next.

A. Kuhni said...

I am SUPER impressed. I can't believe you just whipped that thing out. It turned out super cute and I want to make one when I get back. Kenadee looks so cute in it.

So FYI, I stayed in Utah until Sunday. Justin flew home for work and is coming back up to get me this weekend. I will call you on Monday and we will plan something fun to do next week. Until then, happy sewing!

Unknown said...

I love it! I'm so in love with brown and pink. The only clothes I've bought for Sadie are all brown and pink. It's like I can't even see the other choices out there. LOL!! Her's and Seth's room is actually pink, blue, and brown. It's by NO MEANS as sweet as the one you did in GA, but for me it's good enough!

Shaunte' said...

Okay, I am totally amazed at your sewing projects! They are awesome, you're so creative!

Meagan said...

You are becoming little Miss homemaker. That is the cutest dress. Good job.