Wednesday, September 30, 2009

BLACKTAIL LAKE


We were lucky enough to make it to Idaho for my parents last day at the Lake (for the season). Friday we headed up there and enjoyed a sunny day with the lake mostly to ourselves. Yes the air was quite nice, the water on the otherhand was FREEZING. Kenedee had no clue and wanted to get in the water. She got down in and wanted right back out.

Aunt Kate was kind enough to head down from BYU-I to spend the day (& weekend) with us.

Here's the flag holder and button pusher in action...


And here's the Professional still doing his thing at 50 years old, amazing! My dad was a professional water skiier in his prime and still looks good doing it 30 years later. GO DAD!!!

I also had to give a shout out to my mom who was also strutting her stuff. These guys love to ski...

It's not uncommon to see bald eagles while up at the lake and this guy flew right over us. If my camera wasn't being stupid I would have had a sweet pic but all you get now is a tiny spec in the distance...

I had to document that I did get in the water this trip...mostly cause my dad made me. It was FREEZING, seriously. 67 degrees compared to the 85 degree water at Powell. But I did it, after much screaming when I entered the water. And after all that I did nothing cool besides going over the wake. Ever since my nasty fall wakeboarding last summer, causing mastitis while breastfeeding (not cool), I've been a total wuss on the wakeboard. Maybe next summer I'll be back to jumping again.

1 comment:

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Oh man...that looks like so much fun! Cold water or not!