Tuesday, October 19, 2010

BIG BOY TIME!


You might be wondering what Lincoln's doing in this picture...none other that holding onto his "BIG BOY UNDERWEAR!" We're on Day 6 and it's looking good. I can't tell you how long I've been waiting for this. It's not too fun buying diapers for 4 years STRAIGHT and we're finally DONE (for five more months :) But it's a break nonetheless.

He's been going #2 in the toilet for about 3 weeks now so that wasn't the hard part. The hard part was controlling #1. A boy is SO MUCH HARDER! We started last Thursday because there wasn't much going on in our week with Fall Break. I was going crazy those first two days thinking 'WHAT AM I DOING!' We went through about 7 wet pairs of underwear each day and finally on Day Three, he got it. He's no pro yet but is doing great. He goes out (of the house) most of the time in pull-ups cause I'm too nervous of him peeing his pants somewhere. Pull-ups at night as well but diapers are officially OUT and we're not looking back! He is my BIG BOY now!

(I seriously asked myself this time round how much I would pay someone next time to potty-train my child. I think it's THE WORST job as a mom! And I guess a little rewarding as well. But is it worth all the craziness and messes, I'm not sure. Anyone up for training our third :)

3 comments:

Caldwell Family said...

Sounds like your doing GREAT!! He'll move along quickly, no worries. And don't fret the pull ups thing. It takes time to transition from diapers to underwear and pull ups are a great middle man! :)

Xander said...

wow. he is leaving me in his dust! tell him to come over here and train me! Oh and also tell little big man to check my last video to fully understand my problem ;)

Criscell said...

WOW!! Way to go! How did you do it? I would LOVE to get Crew trained, but I'm not even going to go there because I hated it so much with Caysja. Congrats on baby #3! That is so awesome!