We drove to Utah on Thursday, October 7th, arriving in time for Friday's festivities. Friday morning was cheer practice in the Fieldhouse (our old stomping grounds) to make sure we remembered the Fight Song and to mess around in the air. I've been looking forward to this weekend for awhile now but once I found out that I'd 14 weeks pregnant I didn't know if I'd be stunting at all. But I couldn't resist...getting thrown in the air is AMAZING! Don't worry, I was extremely cautious and careful, making sure not to do any full-downs, cradles, and twists of any kind. It might look crazy to outside people but stunting with guys is very in-control. I LOVED IT! This might be good motivation to get my body in shape after the baby for next year so I could actually play around a bit more. But some kewpies, libs, & stretches will have to do.
Here's Jocelyn & I in kewpies on Courtney & Christian...

6 years later, 3 months pregnant, still got it! (Courtney & I)

Group shot of those that showed up that morning...

Kenedee doing a little stunting herself...

The kids went to town in 'the pit'. They had a blast!

Mr. Cheese (he was giving the best smiles this weekend)

Family Pic in the Pit

THANKSGIVING POINT
After practice we met up with Holly (sister-in-law) and Adam's mom. We took the kids to the petting zoo at Thanksgiving Point and they loved it. Lincoln & Abby posing together - Mr. Cheese bringing out the best & The three kids sitting on the cow...

Feeding the animals. Lincoln was up in the animals faces making sure they got their food, crazy kid. Adam was brave enough to feed the spitting llama.

Horse-riding time! This was a first for both Kenedee & Lincoln but they did awesome. The first time around they both picked the biggest horses...
But realized it was kind of scary so they picked the tiniest ones their second time riding...


The kids wanted pictures taken with every possible decor item on the grass, as you can tell...

Family pic with Adam's mom. (We only got to see her on Friday but we lucked out being in town the same day)

CHEER DINNER
That evening we got together with a bunch of past BYU cheerleaders at the Pizza Factory. My parents arrived from Idaho just in time to take our kids so we could enjoy our night visiting. We haven't seen some of these people since we left so it was fun catching back up. The nice thing about this weekend was that Adam could share it with me. Of my three years cheering, two of those years I cheered married (one semester being when we were engaged) but he was just as much part of the squad, sounds funny but he was super involved. My friends were his friends (which most of the guys were his friends before we even met). He traveled to most games with us, came to both of our National Competitions in Florida & Vegas, and was my #1 fan at every game. So it was fun sharing this weekend together catching back up with friends.
Girl Pic...

Group Pic (guys & girls spanning a few years of cheer)
1 comment:
K I love all you new potst and I think you still GOT IT! I am so sad I couldn't be there. One of these years we will have to plan to be there at the same time. On Friday morning Scott called and asked if I was coming to stunt. Seriously it made my day that someone would want to stunt with me, a mom of three kids! So glad you guys had a fun weekend! love ya!
Post a Comment