Tuesday, October 18, 2011

the Artist

Kenedee is a Master Artist these days. I'm serious though, I think she's kind of amazing. She loves to draw...LOVES to draw. It had gotten to the point that she was grabbing 10-20 sheets of paper a day from my printer and drawing anything and everything. So I took her to the store and bought her her very first drawing book...she filled it in the first two weeks. So we bought another and that one is mostly full. I love looking at her pictures. She draws from memory but her detail is crazy good. She must have my photographic memory cause she pulls these pictures out of nowhere. Well, the other day she drew a picture of our family and hands it to me with a proud look on her face. WHOA!!!!! What's going on here!

 

I immediately ask her what is on our shirts and she replies, "we're all wearing Elmo shirts". Alrighty. (But she has never drawn an eye without a complete circle). So I ask her why she didn't complete the top of the eye on our shirts and she replies, "cause they are sticking out mom, like eyes." Oh wow. She is now drawing 3D. I love the innocence of children!

I can't look at this picture without busting up. Seriously busting up!

2 comments:

Christine Frandsen said...

hahahaha... oh goodness that is hilarious. kenedee should try her hand at bob ross painting :)

Chanell said...

So awesome. I love her explanation... what else would they be? Of course they're 3D eyes. We go through paper like that around here too, and I'm finding myself trying to balance the nurturing of their creativity with going crazy over pictures EVERYWHERE...