Tuesday, October 6, 2009

AZs Desert Botanical Garden

Some friends came in town and we finally saw some of the sites of Arizona. We've been spending so much time on home searching and house stuff that we haven't really seen much of Phoenix yet. Ernie & Lauren have been long time friends and I haven't seen them since our Puerto Rico days so it was good to catch up! (well mostly with Lauren since Adam still talks to Ernie like every other day :)

Friday night we went to check out the famous Pizzeria Bianco that we've heard so much about. We were told to show up at 5 PM (when it opens) to make sure we get in otherwise it's a crazy wait. So we showed up at 5 (Ernie & Lauren actually got there 10 minutes before) and there was already a two-hour wait in front of the door...CRAZY. So we hit up a local Thai place instead.

Saturday morning we checked out the Desert Botanical Garden. I wasn't sure what to expect since the one in Atlanta is lusch and beautiful but I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't realize how much I loved desert plants, there are some sweet ones!

Here we are posing in front of Chihuly's work. This guy creates amazing work...


Kenedee standing in front of a giant Saguaro cactus. We learned that the Saguaro cactus doesn't start growing limbs until it is at least 50 years old, wow... we've seen some old cacti.

Here are some of my favorites from the day...

It was big news that this flower was still in bloom. I guess it only blooms at night so we had to check it out. It was quite pretty.

They also had a Monarch Butterfly Exhibit going on which we quite enjoyed. Lincoln thought it was awesome to chase after these slow and innocent butterflies. Kenedee loved them!

After the Botanical Garden we walked around Old Town Scottsdale and grabbed a bite to eat. Thanks for the visit!

2 comments:

Jocelyn Allan said...

This is an announcement that you WILL be coming to Homecoming with Hailey! I won't take no for an answer! :)

Unknown said...

Dude I love the pic of Kenedee next to that cactus it is so awesome looking!