Sunday, October 11, 2009

my latest projects...

Adam has started the studying process for the Bar Exam (in February). So to entertain myself in the evenings while he's studying, I've made a list of sewing projects to accomplish. First up, REFASHIONING A SHIRT. I've been wanting to sew something that I could wear but didn't want to create a shirt from scratch just yet. Kristen, my sister-in-law, inspired me to try some shirt refashioning ...I'm hooked! I wanted to try this ruffle-type collar on a shirt so I went and found a t-shirt at Walmart for $3, sweet. I then bought two white fabric quarters at Joanns, totaling $2. I made the ruffle collar out of the fabric quarters and then sewed it onto the t-shirt, creating a whole new look! So here is my new shirt that cost me a whole $5!!!


Project #2 was a MEMORY BEAN BAG GAME for Kenedee. I got this idea from Celeste (another sister-in-law) who made little bean bags I'm thinking as a Memory Game. Kenedee is really into Memory (game) so I thought it would be fun to create these little bags for her to play with. I wasn't sure what kind of fabric I was going to use but when I found this fabric at Joanns, I knew it would be PERFECT! And it worked out just like I had hoped. I made a little holder for the game out of the remaining fabric which finished the project. I was planning on making a set for Lincoln as well, but HELLO, sewing 16 little bags, filling each one, and hand sewing them together...TOOK FOREVER. So hopefully Linc will get a set sometime soon.




Next up, tutu for Kenedee, Rag Quilt Alphabet Letters for both Kenedee & Lincoln (found the cutest fabric for these!) which will probably be a Christmas present for each of them. And hopefully more shirt re-fashioning. Since we don't have a house to unpack just quite yet, I'm loving all these projects!

9 comments:

Hannah Ashmore said...

those are sweet creations kandis. love the memory game!

Caldwell Family said...

That's awesome!

Dennis said...

That shirt is adorable and the blocks are such a cute idea! I'm glad you are loving to sew. It is fun. - Annell

Bryan and Marissa said...

Dude your shirt is so cute looks like that is what we will be doing while I am there!!!

Melissa said...

You are so crafty! Very cute stuff.

Court and Britt said...

Look at you go, I LOVE the shirt, totally looks like you got it at some boutique!!

Kellie said...

the shirt looks fab and sweet game blocks!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Are you kidding me with this shirt? I have been trying to make something like this for 2 months and you whip it up like nobody's business! We need to talk sista! I have ideas...but can't figure out how to do it! Email me!!!!!

sickalapick@hotmail.com

Holly said...

Kandis, wow, I'm impressed! Cute projects!