Tuesday, May 18, 2010

COWBOY PARTAYYYY!!!


Warning: picture overload. Sorry, but this was one sweet party if I say so myself. I threw Lincoln a COWBOY party the Saturday after his birthday, April 17th. I thought it fitting that he have a Cowboy party his first year in the Wild West plus he's a huge fan of horses, perfect. Once I get going, it's hard to stop which is not always a good thing since I overload and stress myself out. Lincoln had a pretty sweet Jungle Party for his first birthday so I had to throw one just as awesome:) Enjoy!

The INVITES (I designed and printed his invites giving it an aged and rustic look, they turned out better than I imagined)


Rolled up and ready to hand-deliver...

The Wall of WANTEDS (I surprised the kids and parents by creating their very own WANTED posters. I stole their pictures off their blogs and photoshopped in the Cowboy hat/bandana I used for Lincoln's invite, giving them each a cowboy crime. They were printed on newsprint and mounted on black posterboard - might have been my favorite part!)

Mounted on the wall...

Standing in front of their WANTED posters.

Each kid was going to be outfitted with a cowboy hat, vest, badge, bandana, and mustache. But in order to become a true Cowboy, I came up with this idea for a 'Cowboy Certification' card. They had to train like a Cowboy before they could become one, leading us then to the games...

First up, PIN THE TAIL ON THE HORSE

LASSO TRAINING

BOOT TOSS (I found a cute horseshoe print and made bean bags for each of the kids)

TYING ROPE (with licorice)

DIGGIN' FOR GOLD (I spray-painted fifty of our few thousand rocks from the backyard GOLD, which they then had to find in the backyard)

the Cowboy ceremony...once we finished games, each child was given their Cowboy gear - vest, hat, bandana, badge, and mustache (Dax made the party). Lincoln refused to let me put his Cowboy gear back on him for his actual party so Dax let me dress him first. He LOVED LOVED LOVED his cowboy stuff and wouldn't take anything off for the next two hours. I sent him home with 6 extra mustaches since he loved them so much, hilarious!

Cowboy Dax

Cowboy Cooper & Cowboy Kyron


I didn't get any pics of the food but it turned out yummy. We served pulled pork sandwiches with watermelon, chips, and salad.

Lincoln's Horse Cake (kind of lame but I never stress over the cake. I usually just carve em out, frost em, and not worry if they don't turn out like I envisioned.)


FAVOR BAGS

Lincoln was one happy boy at his party! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE MAN!!!

8 comments:

Heather Inns said...

What a party, I love it. Updates are awesome, thanks for filling us in. Miss you guys lots.

Barlow Fam said...

That looks like an awesome party! You know you could bundle these and sell them! Too fun.

celeste said...

cuuuuute! love all the details!

Dennis said...

You are so-o-o-o creative! I know Lincoln and his friends had a blast.
Your stand-up cowboy reminded me of Kevin Barlow. - Annell

Audrey said...

I want you to plan my next party! Impressive.
It was fun to meet you last night. We should get together again! Now, you have a link to my blog.

Stephanie said...

You and your parties are amazing!

Kellie said...

this turned out pretty awesome...again. killer party!

The Ahumadas said...

Are you available for hire for my next kids party? The invitations and wanted posters were so cute.