Friday, May 21, 2010

RANDOMNESS

I've got three more posts to update and I'm all caught up! Until then, here's some random goings on over the last few weeks...

LITTLE MAN IN A VEST
Could Lincoln not look any cuter?!!! I bought this vest for his birthday at H&M. It's a size 2-4 so he'll be able to get full use out of this baby! I've put it on him about every Sunday since (with a different tie) because I can't get enough of him in a sporty little vest.


SEWING PROJECTS
I've busted out my sewing machine over the last few weeks for a few random projects. I saw these super cute fabric-flower necklaces at Dillards a few weeks back for $20...thinking I could make that myself! So I tried it out and made some for my mom and sisters that were in town for Easter. I'm a fan and wear mine all of the time! So if you're looking for a project, it's a fun one. (two necklaces grouped in the pic below)


ELSIE
Elsie has become like an adopted little sister to my kids, they seriously treat her like a sister. She comes over to play when her mom needs a babysitter and we love having her. She gets the biggest smile on her face when we open the door and squeals with excitement! After some good playtime she bawls when her mom takes her home, we love little Elsie! (Lincoln especially makes it his goal to please Elsie when she's here. He jumps to make her laugh, holds her hand to show her things, it's adorable.)


MOTHER'S DAY SHIRTS

I've been wanting to add this particular detail to shirts for awhile now. I tried it out on a shirt I made for Adam's aunt and loved it so much that I had to make some for Mother's Day. I made one for my mom, Adam's mom, myself, and Kenedee. They are new fave as well.


STAKE CO-ED SOFTBALL
I just get excited thinking about this. It has been a blast!!! Our season started four weeks ago and sadly it was only a four week season, but we loved every minute of it. Week One started out big. We killed the other team like 15-3 but not so good news was that Adam took a serious spill. He was playing right field and went after a ball near the foul line. He was running at full speed to get to the ball, dove in the air to catch it, and landed/rolled over his hand. Not so good. It started swelling up and hurt pretty bad so we took him in for x-rays the next day. No broken bones technically (doctor said the x-rays weren't the greatest and that he could have a hair-line fracture cause of all the swelling). So he put him in a hard splint for a week just to be safe. (Which four weeks later it's still painful for Adam to do some things which we're pretty sure he did a number on his tendons/muscles in his hand)

Our last game finished last night (May 20th). We had won our games up until now. We ended up playing an all-guy team last night since the other team didn't have any girl players. So we were getting beat kind of bad, 3-8. Slowly it went to 5-10 and the game was nearing. We all put our game faces on and rocked the next inning...making it 10-10 and holding them to end the game. The ump said we couldn't end the game with a tie so we played one more inning. We were first at bat and scored 2 runs so the score was 12-10. They were up to bat and the bases were loaded. Scored one run in. Next batter hit a pop fly to center field. Our guy let it drop, threw the ball to catcher (ME), caught it, and stopped em! (it was seriously awesome, I wouldn't move an inch off home plate cause i was NOT LOSING!) Next batter hit a pop fly into the outfield, Adam catches it (yes he played this game and probably shouldn't have but we needed players and he was dying to play. He didn't bat though so that was good). Anyways, Adam catches the ball, throws it to second-base - double play. WE WIN THE GAME. We were quite excited to say the least! (I know this was only Church softball but I can't help but be a little competitive, more like a lot competitive. I think in all four games I only got out twice, it was pure adrenaline stepping up to the plate. I LOVED it!) Jill & I made baseball cupcakes so our game celebration made it that more exciting! Volleyball season starts in the fall and we're in!

3 comments:

Hanah Bonilla said...

Lincoln is such a cutie!

Okay, so let me know when I can come over so you can show me how to make those necklaces!! LOVE them.

Kellie said...

love the shirts, can i buy a gray one?

Anonymous said...

Kandis- I want those flower necklaces too. If I come over will you show me how to make them??