Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Lincoln-boy turns 4!!!

Lincoln turned 4 on Saturday, April 14th!!! We celebrated his birthday with friends the day before with his Green Lantern Party (previous post) since our Saturday was going to be a busy one. I prepped him ahead of time though and explained that his real birthday was on Saturday but that his party would be on Friday. Well as we're driving to his baseball game the morning of his real birthday my parents called to sing to him. As they are in the middle of 'Happy Birthday' Lincoln starts freaking out and yelling "IT'S NOT MY BIRTHDAY!!!" So we told my parents we'd call them right back :) The next few minutes went like this
(Adam) "Lincoln, today is your birthday."
(L) "NO IT'S NOT!"
(A) "Lincoln, today is your real birthday."
(L) "No it's not. It's not my real birthday!"
(A) "Quit arguing with us because it is your birthday"
(L) silence.

He's a stubborn little one. So we then called my parents back and all was good. After that he started referring to his Green Lantern party as his 'fake birthday party'. :)

That morning both Kenedee & Lincoln had baseball games and pictures. 


After their games we came home to unwrap presents...



Lincoln was one happy boy!


After his presents were unwrapped, we started to open a few of them. I pulled out his 'Green Lantern' costume (since we need a few more boy dress-ups around here) and the costume kept coming and coming. I was thinking, 'what in the world! this is never going to fit lincoln!' I stood up and held it up to me, a perfect fit. I was a little annoyed since I ordered a CHILDS SMALL (USA size 4-6) so I had to try this baby on. Talk about some good times around here for a few minutes. Too bad I didn't have this sweet outfit while I was training the kids to become part of the Green Lantern Corps. (I contacted Amazon and they sent me a new one which is still a little big for Lincoln but a childs size for sure. Someone seriously messed up that original package.)


That evening we headed to Chuck E Cheese - his choice for his birthday dinner. Kenedee & Lincoln love it there :)


Pierce did not want to sit with me any longer so I put him on a few little motorized rides and he was a FAN!!! (This was the start of his love for moving rides...Disneyland which came a few weeks later took it up a few notches. We might have a roller coaster lover on our hands :)


(Pierce didn't like that the kids were invading his space)


Is this not the cutest picture. The laid-back mouse cracked me up!


Kenedee gets a little serious when she plays...


You would have thought they won a hundred dollars with their new prizes they bought with their tickets. I love that the littlest things can make them happy!


That evening we came home to set up his new car track from his Grandma Kris & Grandpa Craig. My nephew (Cooper) got this for Christmas from Santa which was a major hit so my mom bought some for her grandsons for their birthdays this year. Two thumbs up for this toy!



Happy Birthday little man! You bring so much energy to our family. You love life, love to make people laugh, love to be crazy, love to play sports, love to sing 'Glad You Came' and 'What Makes You Beautiful (your current favorites), love candy, and love to be with your family. You are the sweetest little boy that thanks me for everything I make you and tells me multiple times a day that you love me. You are one special guy!!!!!!

(I have to add in this story that happened the following day. Sunday evening (15th) we went to Mark & Kay's for dinner. Kay put a candle in the dessert so we could sing to Lincoln for his birthday. As we start singing 'Happy Birthday' Lincoln looks at me, his eyes open as big as they can and he starts yelling..."IT'S NOT MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!" Talk about a little bit of craziness going on with his birthday this year. NOW we know that Lincoln doesn't want a weekend of celebrating, he wants to celebrate on his birthday only. Good to know :)

No comments: