Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Green Lantern Party-time

Lincoln saw 15 minutes of the Green Lantern movie when we were at my parents house at Christmas, and since then he hasn't stopped talking about it. So Green Lantern became the perfect theme for his 4 year old birthday party...Friday, April 13th (one day before his true birthday). Two little boys couldn't make it last minute so we had ten kids and a whole lot of energy, but really they were awesome! Here is the invite that went out to his friends...they would be training to become part of the Green Lantern Corps.


Party prep: No birthday is complete around here without streamers (all credit goes to my mom who put up streamers for every single birthday, for every child, every year. loved it). I also thought some hanging green lanterns would be a sweet decor item.


Water bottles with Green Lantern Wraps that matched the invite...


I scored big time on party favor items this year. I went to Party City in March and they had a whole shopping cart full of 'Green Lantern' themed party stuff for 50 cents a package: plates, napkins, notepads, rings, bracelets, etc. I felt like I hit the jackpot. So I bought the plastic bags from Walmart and made the tops of the party favor bags which contained a Green Lantern notepad, glow-in-the-dark ring, bracelet, and blower. These might have been my favorite things :)



Lincoln got to open one present early...his Green Lantern shirt (thank you Old Navy for having cool super hero shirts this Spring which included Green Lantern!)


As the kids arrived, they started off by coloring...



As part of their training to become a Green Lantern they to had to complete four games. The first one tested their aim... a Green Lantern target board. Kyron (right) was the winner of this event, he was so proud!


Next up was 'hot potato' to test their speed... (it came down to Lincoln & Brody but Brody pulled out the win!)


I tried to get a picture of them all together but this is the best I got. The funniest part might be Elsie and Millie, they couldn't stop hugging each other the entire time, hilarious!


Next up, pin the symbol on the Green Lantern superhero (blindfolded of course)... Millie was kind of amazing at this one!


Last up, the balloon-popping game to test their strength. The object of the game was the step on everyone else's balloons and the last one left would be the winner. Once we got outside, instead of stomping on everyone else's balloons, most of them just wanted to pop their own and I couldn't convince them otherwise. Lincoln caught on and almost pulled out the win...


But it was Kenedee with some strategy going on... running around the outside of the yard so no one could catch her. She was just excited to get a badge :)


The birthday crowd...Wyatt, Ethan, Gabe, Ryker, Brody, Lincoln, Kryon, Millie, Elsie, & Kenedee (not pictured)


We then blew out candles on the cake...




When the kids sat down for cake & ice cream I told them I'd get them all drinks, thinking I'd hand them their water bottles. Lincoln had forgotten about the water bottles and took it upon himself to get everyone drinks. I'm so glad my friend was able to capture this moment because it speaks so much about his personality, if something needs to get done then he's going to do it. He was standing on the counter counting how many kids needed a drink. I was busy cutting the cake until I realized what was going on...seriously funny!



And they went home with their favor bag, each one an official member of the Green Lantern Corps...SUCCESS!!!!


Lincoln's friends definitely spoiled him with some sweet gifts! Go Green Lantern!!!


No comments: