A little over a month ago we were soaking up the last bit of rays while cruising back to Florida. The second we stepped off the cruise ship Adam says 'we need to go on a cruise again.' I agree. We both loved it.
On our way home, September 23rd, we lucked out with a layover in Atlanta, GA. It was so great to see my sis and her fam. They picked us up and we drove through downtown Atlanta. All I could think of was 'this used to be home'...pretty crazy being back in person, we did love our time there. We grabbed dinner at Atlantic Station at our ultimate fave and a place Adam & I have both dearly missed...Tin Drum. DELICIOUS. (Adam was in heaven at Tin Drum. He walked up to the worker and asked, 'can I buy one of your shirts?' The guy said, 'we don't really sell our shirts but you can buy one' (the one the employees wear). So he bought one and was one happy guy, haha). It was so great to hang for a few hours with Kell, Steve, Coop-man, and Ryder!!!
Our gift to ourselves on our trip were new watches. I am really into white ceramic watches currently and found this KILLER watch in a shop in Cozumel. I was in love. I asked to try it on, willing to purchase if we could afford, and had the lady convert it from pesos to dollars...oh just $1800...no thank you mam. lol. There's no way I could spend that much on a watch so I kindly returned it and was on a hunt to find a much more affordable ceramic watch.
I ended up purchasing on the cruise for a ceramic watch which I do love just as much, especially when the price tag was pennies compared to the RADO watch. I was a happy girl. Adam scored himself a Michael Kors gold watch which was pretty good looking if I do say so myself. Happy day for us both!
I can't wrap up our trip without mentioning our parents. They were the biggest help and really made it all possible being willing to come stay with our kids. My parents flew out the weekend before we left. My dad had to fly back to Idaho so my mom stayed the following four days to be with the kids. Adam's parents drove over to swap out my mom and be there the following weekend until we got home. I realized with prepping for the trip that I may be a crazy person, haha. I put together a binder (which I'm sure a lot of moms do) but I laugh at how detailed it was. My mom referred to this as 'the bible' which still makes me laugh. But really I was happy it was as detailed as it was since we had basically zero contact with them during the week.
And I did stress a little before-hand making sure this was as easy as possible with a child with allergies...I'm used to it now but coming in cold turkey, Pierce could seem quite high-maintenance. I created 'P approved' labels that I stuck on every possible food item in my pantry and fridge so they didn't have to worry about whether he could or could not eat something. (I told you I was a crazy person, haha). They did fabulous, no allergy problems!!!
We can't thank you enough for allowing us to spend a week away! Hopefully you still love your grandchildren and they didn't wear you out too bad :)






No comments:
Post a Comment