We then went through the Air & Space Museum. Adam was really wanting to walk through the American History one but it was closed due to renovation. But we enjoyed the Air & Space nonetheless. We saw the first Wright Brothers airplane (on the left) and I forget what the one on the right is. The bottom one is of Adam & Kenedee in front of the Spirit of St. Louis.

Next stop, Arlington Cemetary. This really was quite amazing to see, rows after rows of white headstones. We saw JFK's grave along with the Eternal Flame (which has been burning since he was buried). I wanted to get one of Kenedee in front of it all and frame this one for her but she had just woken up so she wasn't so happy.

Also at Arlington Cemetary - Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. We were able to catch the Changing of the Guard, very cool.

Our final stop was Mount Vernon (George Washington's home), another one of my favorites. The mansion was very ornate for it's time and quite large. I loved walking through and seeing all of the detail, furniture, and wallpaper. It was located on the banks of the Potomac River so the view from the back of the house was beautiful.
1 comment:
So cool! Thanks for sharing! I hope to go to all those places someday too.
Post a Comment