Sunday, June 7, 2009

AM I CRAZY???


Driving from Atlanta to Phoenix is going to be one beastly drive. When we made our trek East (four years ago) from Utah to Georgia, I told Adam that I would never ever make that drive again. Once we moved back West it was known that I would be flying back. So as we've been planning our move (days, budgeting, flights) it's been a fact that the kids and I would be flying back. We budgeted money for my flight, kenedee's flight, and a one-way flight for whoever would be driving our Pilot out there (Adam will be driving the giant moving truck while towing his Accord - no thanks). I've been trying to figure out where I'd fly into, Salt Lake while catching a ride to Lake Powell for our summer vacay, or flying into Phoenix and hooking up with Adam before Lake Powell.

Out of nowhere I bring up the idea of me driving our Pilot out with the kids. What was I thinking! But it's kind of making more sense to me (financially and logistically). But we're talking 29 hours, crossing the ENTIRE state of Texas, with two kids under the age of 3. Am I crazy???

12 comments:

Barlow Fam said...

Yes, you're crazy, but if you need a place to stay, there's always room! :)

Zach and Sarah said...

You can do it! But I'm glad it's not me:-)

Heidi said...

yes! Especially with your kids track record of vomiting in cars!

Greg R. said...

If you choose to do this I will be very interested to read your blog in the week that follows :).

Caldwell Family said...

Yes your crazy, but that also makes me crazy. Brian and I are making the trek to Utah at the end of June, and then he's flying back and I'm driving the kids back with me. I totally know how you feel.

Kimberly said...

I am going to say yes.. you are crazy!! I can only say that because I did that drive a year ago.. with a one year old, my mom, and Jason and it was still CRAZY!! GOOD LUCK!! (It is a LONG drive.. we broke it up into 4 days and stopped some cool places along the way.. only way to do it in my opinion!!)

Caryn said...

Are you coming through Houston!?!

Court and Britt said...

check out penseke truck rentals if you haven't already. The uhaul from KC to st george was going to be $1500 and then our friends told us to check out penseke and it was only $350!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!

john and nikki said...

you're nuts!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Holy Cow! Yes you are nuts! Please tell me you have a DVD player in the car!

Bryan and Marissa said...

Your Nuts!!!

Jocelyn Allan said...

Yes. Crazy as a loon! I have to drive with my kids to Calgary this summer (not by myself) and I think I'm crazy!