Monday, June 22, 2009

FATHER'S DAY

Our Father's Day started off with yummy homemade Good Old Fashioned Pancakes. Adam is always asking for pancakes and I always forget to buy the mix at the store. So when Adam asked for pancakes yesterday, I decided to find a recipe online and they turned out yumm-o.

Next up...presents. I decided to be a good mom this year and make something for Adam from the kids. So I had Kenedee draw a picture of her & Dad, scanned it in, and put it on a t-shirt. She was super proud and thought it was awesome that her picture was now on a shirt. Lincoln's t-shirt turned out pretty cute as well so we were all stoked for Adam to open his presents from the kids... (hand drawn pics on the presents by both)



The rest of our day included Daddy going to church solo (since Linc came down with a nasty cold), no-bake cookies, and one tasty dinner filled with potatoes, bacon-wrapped fillet mignon, mushrooms, rolls, & artichokes. Adam deserved a fabulous day and was one happy Dad!

A big shout-out to Adam, my Dad and Adam's Dad who are the greatest examples of honest, hard-working, loving Fathers. WE LOVE YOU!!!

7 comments:

Kellie said...

yummy dinner

Amy said...

That is the cutest idea I love the T-shirts. So Fun.

Kristen said...

You are the most fun mom ever. I miss you guys!

blythe said...

such cute gifts. i hope to see you sometimes soon!

Scott and Jetti said...

Where are you looking to live?

Kandis said...

Gilbert or Mesa. Our plans are currently to stay with an aunt/uncle down there in Gilbert til we can find a cheap house to buy instead of renting for a few years. Do you guys love Gilbert??? Here's my email address so I don't give out so much personal info... kandis.barlow@gmail.com

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Too cute!