Sunday, June 28, 2009

SURPRISE!!!

Our friends threw us a SURPRISE Going Away Party on Saturday night. I was a bit emotional heading over cause I knew it was the last time getting together with everyone at the Partridge Party house (only thinking like three families were going to be there). We walked in and headed downstairs to hang out on the deck while the food cooked and there everyone was waiting...to surprise us. I couldn't hold back and started crying (total baby when it comes to saying Goodbye) so I quickly dried my tears and the party began!


If you know me, you know I love parties, love decorating, love games, and am extremely competitive. So they planned just that...games, Ariel decorated the house just for me, and yummy food - ribs, mac the cheese, salads, watermelon, and yummy desserts. We couldn't have felt more grateful for the good friends we've become so close with.


The Partridge house has become the 'party' house. They have the most ideal main floor that is huge and open, perfect for large crowds. And then to top that, they have the sweetest 'kid' basement we call it. We all send our kids down there and they have a party themselves. They put the rubber/foam puzzle piece flooring down which the kids love and the toys are everywhere. Kenedee spends hours and hours playing with the kitchen. We are going to miss the good times we've had here.



Pictured - The Maclaurins, Partridges, Higleys, Howells, Alexanders, Clarks. Not Pictured - The Petersons, Inns, & Mitchells (couldn't make it but we'll miss them as well). And about 10 kids are missing from the picture but I thought it was easier to let them play then try to round them up for a pic. WE LOVE YOU ALL and are going to MISS YOU GREATLY!!! Thanks for a fabulous night!

5 comments:

A said...

I'm pleased that you get emotional enough for the both of us. ;-) Glad you enjoyed your party. We will certainly miss you too!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Friends are the best!

Elise said...

How sweet! You have great friends! I hope the moving process is coming along! Good Luck with everything. I have already mentioned to Matt that we will be making a road trip to visit you!!!

Barlow Fam said...

How fun for them to do that. You are a family to miss though! We just got back from Durango and got your message, we'd LOVE for you to stay with us. We'll call tomorrow.

Mary Mitchell said...

I am so sad we couldn't make it! I thought we would be back in town by Saturday afternoon - but that definitely didn't happen. I'm glad you guys had fun. I'm so sad you're leaving in just a few weeks! We will miss you guys!