Tuesday, January 4, 2011

SNOW DAY

2010 catch-up...starting with our Thanksgiving Holiday. We flew to Idaho Falls on Monday, November 22nd, barely arriving before the storm got crazy. If we had flown at any other time we would never have made it since it was a blizzard there. We woke up on Tuesday (the 23rd) with a rare treat, SNOW DAY for my dad which never happens! Since he didn't have to go to work that day, my mom was off for Thanksgiving Break, and my sister was home from BYU-I, we partied it up. It brought back memories of snow days from my childhood, those were the best!

We started our day off playing in the snow, the kids loved it! It was the first time Adam has played in the snow fully outfitted in proper snow gear, he agreed that it made all the difference. But the best part for me was dressing up in our snow gear, I felt like my parents from 1990, not joking. Adam wore my dad's snow stuff from 20 years ago and I wore my mom's. This is exactly how I remember my parents growing up, good times! (I did manage to squeeze into my snow pants from Junior High. My family couldn't stop laughing at me pulling them on and wanting to wear them but they made it on 5 months prego :)

We had a good time laughing at my snow attire in particular. I found one awesome hat in my parents closet. That combined with my mom's awesome coat, I looked like I was 12 years old!

Now that is some serious snow...



Welcome to Idaho!

No comments: