Thursday, January 27, 2011

Traveltown, Griffith, & Nature Center

We stayed in Burbank through the 1st of January so we were able to check out a few new places I had never been during that week. We took the kids over to Traveltown to check out the trains - real trains that they could climb in and explore.

Amber made sure each kid had a 'buddy' so no one would get lost. Lincoln (on quite a few occassions) picked Dallin (his oldest cousin) and LOVED hanging out with him. It was pretty cute to see Dallin follow Lincoln around, hold his hand down the sidewalk, help him up in the train cars. It allowed me to see a glimpse of what Lincoln will be like someday as the big brother helping the little ones. Thanks Dallin for being such a great cousin!

Kenedee & Lincoln with their Barlow cousins that came along...


I love this guy!

I was also LOVING this pink train! Don't tell me it's not pretty much awesome! Adam kept reminding me that it wasn't pink 'back in the day' but still, it was a treat for my eyes :) (And yes, I'm 6 months preggers in these photos and not looking so little these days so don't look too closely!)

That night that kids frosted sugar cookies (made by Max - with the help of his mom :) The kids were loving it, and pretty much so was I...they were DELICIOUS!

Another venture that week was an afternoon spent at the Griffith Observatory. It had been raining that day, no surprise, so it made for a great outing for the kids.

It was set up in the mountains/hills overlooking LA. It was beautiful looking out from on top. And Uncle Jacob is one good uncle to his nieces/nephews!

Standing out in front of the Observatory...with the "Hollywood" sign in the background. Here's Amber (Adam's sister) with 5 of her 6 kids and Uncle Jacob...

How pretty is this with the clouds all mixed in with the mountains. It was fun being that close to the famous sign...

Kenedee & I in front of the Hollywood sign.

I laugh when I see that picture. Not because we were doing anything funny but because of the funny thing that happened right after. Adam had gone to get the car (since we had to park forever away) so Jake stayed with the kids and I. It was then that he took my picture with Kenedee. After he finished taking our pic a guy watching us says 'I can take one with you all together if you want'...clearly thinking we were a family. Jacob and I just looked at each other and laughed. I wasn't too quick on my feet...actually not quick at all. I almost said yes to the guy to avoid the awkwardness of explaining that this was my brother-in-law not my husband, my husband went to get the car, and so forth. But instead of doing neither, we just smiled and said 'that's okay' while we both laughed and walked away. Funny times. That guy probably thought we were crazies.

We also made a stop at the Burbank Nature Center. It's always a treat for the kids to go see 'Rose' the tarantula and 'Cutie' the snake.


We had a great Holiday vacation, other than the fact that all four of us were recovering with sinus colds (sorry to everyone we infected!). We were able to see lots of family, play hours of games each night, and feel the Christmas spirit. We drove home on New Years Day to get ready for the New Year ahead! Welcome 2011! (I am soooo happy to say goodbye to 2010. It was a stressful year with just moving into our new house, Adam studying for the Bar, taking the Bar and hoping he passed, passing the Bar and hoping to bring in money. Adam is loving his job; life is great; baby boy will be entering our life; 2011 can only get better!)

2 comments:

mrs. barlow said...

you + adam = most beautiful couple. seriously.

Elise said...

Kandis! It looks like you guys had a great time in Cali. Oh and you're still so tiny at 6 months. I love the baby bump. I told Matt the other day we need to come visit you guys. Miss you!