Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A day with MR. MOUSE!!!

We love our Disney and when it's been awhile since we've gone, Adam & I both get the itch to go back. We usually hit up Disneyland when we're in California visiting Adam's parents and it had been way TOO long since we've been back to California. Kenedee's 5th Birthday was coming up as well (August 15th) so we decided to spend our last weekend before school started in CALIFORNIA with the Barlows!!! We drove over on Thursday, August 4th arriving in time for dinner at Grandma & Grandpa's house. Friday, August 5th, we all went to DISNEYLAND along with Grandma & Grandpa Barlow & Aunt Hannah!!! We just love it there!
Grandma and Hannah took Kenedee & Lincoln on the TEACUPS! They had a blast...
And went on a favorite of ours...Storybook Land. I want this ride in my backyard :)
Had lunch at the Golden Horseshoe, another favorite of ours. This guy is pretty much the greatest! (Adam found a sweet mickey shirt at Nordstrom Rack and was quite excited to break it in for our Disneyland trip :)
These two couldn't get enough of this place...
Pierce just enjoyed himself all day playing with his hands, he's kinda obsessed!
How can you not fall in love with this boy. He hangs out, smiles, plays, and comes along for the ride. Pierce couldn't get any sweeter!
Pierce is also a Drool Master these days... (He loved having twinner shirts with his Dad that day)
Made it over to Bug's Life...
Went to see the Aladdin show at California Adventure and LOVED it!
Lost Lincoln for about five minutes and I about died! THE. WORST. FEELING. IN. THE. WORLD! We came walking out of the Aladdin show, along with the other 500 hundred people. Adam was up ahead of us and we thought he had Lincoln. After we made our way out and over to the stroller area I ask Adam where Lincoln was. He says 'I thought he was with you'...which then put me into crazy panic mode. It had now been about five minutes since we had exited the doors so the worst starts creeping in...is he still walking with the crowd of people down the main street in California Adventure, did someone take off with him, is he scared to death cause he can't find us...Adam's mom I think also switched to that motherly panic mode so we all took off running in different directions. I ran down the street a ways yelling his name. I turn and look and see little Lincoln standing on the corner with a male Disney worker kneeling down beside him looking around. I couldn't have been more grateful for this kind worker who found this lost child. I picked him up and just held him tight for about the next ten minutes. Oh Lincoln boy, you sure keep us on our toes!!!
The kids came across a bubble machine and loved running around like crazies
Pierce enjoyed napping in Grandma's arms...
Adam and his parents took the kids back to Bug's Life land so Hannah & I could ride Tower of Terror - all time favorite ride!
Jacob & Melanie came to Disneyland after work just in time for dinner and spent the rest of evening with us. The kids love these two love birds!
It was right before this that we were waiting for Grandpa Barlow, Grandma Barlow, and Kenedee outside Soarin' when out of nowhere this lady starts screaming 20 feet away. We look over and someone is laying lifeless on the cement where a Disney medical team is circling the body doing CPR. The lady continues to scream and is freaking out, all the while I'm thinking 'what, I'm watching this person die in front of us'. Another icky feeling. But for some reason I couldn't take my eyes off the situation, we sat there waiting for the other half of the group and my eyes stayed glued to it all. Icky feeling continues. Finally the crew gets off the ride and we head to dinner. About this time a stretcher comes in and they load the body on top. After doing chest compressions on this body (I'm pretty sure it was a female) for about fifteen minutes, I think they were able to get a heart beat because they then hooked her up to an IV (all on the cement there at California Adventure - that Medical team saved her life for sure!) So the stretcher came, off they went, and life could get back to it's happy self there at Disneyland! We finish our evening on Star Tours and a few other rides. Annell and I apparently thought something was funny... (when we first got married I thought Adam's humor came from his Dad, but I've realized much of his humor comes from his mom - she is hilarious! Love this lady!)
We left that evening (11:00ish) with two crashed little boys and one wide-eyed Kenedee girl. It was a FABULOUS day!!!
The next day, Saturday August 6th, we headed over to the local Home Depot for their Kid's day.
The kids made pencil boxes AKA treasure boxes. They have been collecting little treasures ever since! We went to see Winnie the Pooh that afternoon and spent the evening playing at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Thanks for a great weekend getaway!

2 comments:

Barlow Fam said...

Looks like a blast. We lost Lauren at SeaWorld for about the same amount of time and it is the WORST feeling ever. Glad all turned out well. Oh, and I love that Lincoln's certificate is in Spanish. Funny. :)

Heather Inns said...

Sounds like an crazy, fun weekend. I am glad you found Lincoln and I hope the lady is okay.