Friday, April 6, 2012...Pierce turned ONE! This boy has had quite the
year figuring out his random medical issues (tongue-tie, skin problems,
allergies, & eye surgery) and has been the happiest baby through it
all so he deserved one special day. My baby is one!!!! (but he's still a baby to me. Our kids stay itty bitty which makes the baby phase last a little longer in our house :)
He wasn't quite sure what all these green boxes were doing...
He slowly started opening...
His big present (1 of 3 presents, hahaha) was a water table. With child #3, his presents have been quite minimal, I find myself hating the million little toys everywhere. Plus Pierce doesn't need em cause we've already accumulated them. Sorry Pierce for being child #3 :) Kenedee & Lincoln might have been more thrilled for sure. They busted out their scissors and went to town opening the box...
A ride-on tractor from Grandma Kris & Grandpa Craig. He's a fan of this ride...
Adam stayed home for the day to celebrate with this little man. After our morning of birthday presents, the kids went down for naps while we attended a temple sealing of some friends (with a babysitter home of course, that sounded like we just left our kids sleeping solo :). Afterwards we came back to get the party started :) Not really, but kind of when you invite 50 people to your child's birthday party. I still laugh but I love me some parties. I realize my one year old has no clue what goes on on his birthday, but that does not mean I should not throw him a party! I didn't want the craziness cause again, he's one, but I thought it would be fun to get together at the neighborhood park for some dinner, cupcakes, badmitton, and sand volleyball with some friends.
I made some dairy & egg free cupcakes that turned out delicious frosted with Pillsbury frosting, which is also dairy/egg free. Four dozen of these babies. The cupcake toppers matched these rad plates that I found but after I had them all printed, I realized the '1' looked more like an 'L'. oh well, ya get the point.
Birthday boy checking out the friends arrival...'all these people for me?'
Pierce-boy enjoying himself...
Singing time...
Kenedee & Lincoln swarmed in for the blow-out...
He quite enjoyed himself. You might say this was his first 'real' treat. It might have been sugar overload for his simple diet but he loved it...
While Pierce took his time eating his cupcake, the kids went to town on the Easter pinata. I figured I needed something fun for the kids and with it being two days before Easter, it would do.
Adam & Shawn working their badmitton skills. We haven't played this since Georgia so we were a little rusty.
Nothing quite beats a perfect-weathered evening at the park, food, friends, and kids entertained for 3 hours on the toys. Delightful. Happy Birthday to one special boy...Pierce, we love you!!!!!!!!!

















1 comment:
We are bummed that we missed all the celebrating. Happy Birthday, Pierce!
Post a Comment