Tuesday, October 30, 2012

It's a...

September 24th, the day after we got back from our cruise, was my 19 week ultrasound...can't think of a better thing to come home to :) We were all excited to find out what this little baby would be. I laugh now cause I was pretty convinced that it was a girl. Not just one sign, but like four or five signs that this was probably a girl (things similar to Kenedee's pregnancy more than the boys). So when the ultrasound tech put the device on my belly, I pretty much spotted his boy parts right away, haha. And after a few minutes she did the official gender check and confirmed that we are having another BOY!!!!! I was a little shocked at first but he was the cutest little thing playing and sucking on his hands during the entire ultrasound. And we couldn't be more grateful for a healthy baby boy growing inside.


On the way home, I was trying to think of a fun way to announce it to the kids. I knew I had to break it in easy since Lincoln had been praying for a baby girl in every possible prayer that came out of his mouth and Kenedee wanted a little sister. I bought some blue balloons, blew them up, and put them in a garbage bag. When we were all together that afternoon, we had the kids sit on the floor and close their eyes. I then threw the balloons into the room at once and they knew if they were blue it meant boy and pink meant girl. I was surprised at Lincoln's reaction to be honest. He sees the first balloon drop and jumps up shouting 'it's gonna be a boy' kicking and playing with the balloons. He was over the 'sister' thought in a matter of seconds. The shocker came when Kenedee realized what we were having and tears just started streaming down her face. She was heartbroken. Adam picked her up and my heart ached for her. I didn't realize how badly she wanted a sister but I fully believe that we are given what God intends for us to have. I picked up Kenedee after and shed a few tears with her, maybe it was my own release from thinking it was a girl as well. But once those tears were done, we were all good to go and are ready for this little boy. It may be a crazy house with three boys in row, actually I know it will be a crazy house but here we go...February 18th is my official due date and my belly is growing bigger by the second :)

2 comments:

Amber said...

Congratulations Adam and Kandis! Can't wait for another Barlow boy! You have a beautiful family!

Jenny Knudsen said...

Kiley had the same reaction when Chase was born. She was so incredibly sad. We made it as special for her as possible by redecorating her room and making her "girl cave". Congrats on another cute little man!