(Saturday, January 28th)
Our favorite thing to do right now is go mountain bike riding on our Saturday mornings cause the weather is perfect right now. Sadly I didn't get any pictures of us on the trail but here we are ready to go and looking like total dorks, hahaha...
On this particular ride, I was leading Adam & I on the trail. There were a lot of cactus balls on the trail this morning, more than usual for sure, so I kept dodging the cactus balls and yelling back to Adam so he wouldn't ride over them. As I was going I noticed one way too late so I swerved my front tire barely missing the cactus ball, thinking 'phew'. But my back tire caught the ball and brought it up with it on the next rotation, rocketing the cactus ball right into my ankle. So I immediately stop holding my leg out like a dog, waiting for Adam to catch up to me. There were about 10 cactus thorns dug into my ankle but going every which way so it was hard for Adam to even get a good grip on it since the other thorns were poking him. I had to turn away cause he finally had to just get a good enough grip on it to rip it out. But he did it! I wish I had taken a picture cause it was crazy looking but all I had left to show were 10 tiny hole pricks in my ankle. Better luck next time :)
This same Saturday (January 28th) we took a cruise on the Desert Belle. I bought this groupon last fall and this was the last weekend we could use it, phew, because it was worth it. It was a 1 1/2 hour cruise on Saguaro Lake on the prettiest Saturday afternoon (low 70s).
Anything with popcorn is a party for these two...
Pierce was not so much a fan until he fell asleep...
And I couldn't believe it when I saw about 6 boats up there pulling skiiers, this pic is for you dad! Skiing in January, kind of a shocker to me since Idaho is still frozen at this time. The water had to have been freezing but being on the boat would have been delightful :)
My favorite were the cliffs along parts of the of the lake...
And the saguaro cactus filled landscape...
This boat was living it up. My ideal Saturday afternoon right there...
Pulling faces and showing his super hero post. Never a dull moment with Lincoln...
Couldn't have asked for a better Saturday.














No comments:
Post a Comment