Christmas Day 2011 was celebrated in two different ways and each deserve their own post: my version and the family version.
Christmas Eve couldn't have been any more exciting, we were all ready for Santa to come and I was breathing a little easier knowing this was day three and the flu had yet to strike again. Around 3 am (Christmas Day) I wake up totally uncomfortable, and I remember thinking "NO, NO, NO, please don't let this happen today!!!!" and boy did I start praying that the flu would pass over me, I know kind of ridiculous but I was praying for a miracle. It finally got too bad that I had to run to the toilet and throw up (3 am), and an hour later (4 am), and another hour later (5 am), and another hour (6 am), and again (7 am). Everyone started waking around now getting SOOOO excited to see what Santa had brought, and all I could do was lay in bed completely miserable. Talk about the saddest day of my life. I had prepped and worked so hard in December to make sure this day was PERFECT and I couldn't even enjoy it. :(
Once everyone got up and lined up on the stairs, I managed to cuddle up in a blanket on the couch to somewhat experience Christmas morning. As badly as I wanted to lay in bed and sleep off my morning, there was no way I was going to miss my kids open their presents. And they did, while I watched from afar. I had to run to the bathroom every little bit to throw-up but during my down moments, I sat miserably watching my family enjoy their Christmas. After presents were opened, they all headed upstairs for Christmas breakfast while I went back to bed. I remember hearing Adam come in to ask where the kids clothes were...since he had to get everyone ready for Church without me (I think my family helped out, actually I know they did cause when I see pictures of Adam and the kids after church, I know someone made Kenedee's hair looking mighty cute). I HATE THE FLU!!!!! It completely wipes me out. Can you still sense my frustration writing this. I slept for a few hours I think while my family had breakfast, went to church, and came back to play with their new toys. Around 5 o'clock (pm) I was able to manage my way upstairs to see what everyone was doing. Luckily I wasn't throwing up by this point but that awful, uncomfortable feeling was still going strong. I sat on the couch while everyone sat down to enjoy the most wonderful prime-rib dinner (Christmas tradition) trying not to breath in too much yumminess that would make me throw-up again. And I spent the rest of the evening in that one spot on the couch, wrapped up in a blanket, and just waiting for this day to pass...knowing tomorrow it would all be gone. Sad, sad, sad day for me. For sure my worst Christmas ever, my first Christmas (since I've been married) where I didn't take one single picture, and my first Christmas where I didn't open one single present; my pile of presents laid untouched for me to open on the following day. (I woke up on Monday, the 26th, feeling great and wanted so badly to do Christmas all over again. I felt completely jipped!)
And thus begins my new HATRED for the flu. I didn't like it before but I don't know if anyone dislikes it more than me now...it ruined two of my biggest days in 2011 - Pierce's birth and Christmas day. (Thank you family for sharing your pictures with me)
1 comment:
I'm so sorry. I have a huge massive hate for the tummy flu ( norovirus). So I did research and from what I read, they are working on a norovirus vaccine. For now, I wipe down airplane seats with Clorox wipes before any of us sit down ( one of the easiest places to catch this bug) and I'm OCD wiping down shopping carts.
Post a Comment