Pierce has been army crawling for months now but finally (beginning of February) he started crawling for reals!!! Funny thing is, my friends baby/toddler was over and crawling ahead of Pierce. So Pierce eyed him as he crawled across the room, then got up on his hands & knees and started crawling behind him. I was like what the heck! And since then, he has been a crawling machine. (So much faster than army crawling).
About a week after his follow-up with Dr. Jain I was able to get his cheeks more under control...he was looking good! I had him back in for another follow-up and our conclusion is that his eczema is more bacteria-based than inflammation if that makes sense. Pierce was on antibiotics for a double-ear infection and after those 10 days were up, his cheeks were perfect, which is also why his bleach baths were so effective. So I was told to give him a bleach bath when I start to see any kind of rash appear on his body. And he is pretty much down to using just Cetaphil cream on his body. A miracle to have him looking so perfect. (I'm writing this now in March, and I'm happy to say that his cheeks are 100% clear). I have realized this isn't a short term thing but will be a long term process keeping his skin and body under control but I think we're at the point where we can maintain it without heavy duty creams and steroids. Thank you Dr. Jain!
Here's Pierce at the beginning of February. You will notice his eyes look a bit crossed. That fun post is still to come. For being so healthy, this baby has had the most random issues :)



No comments:
Post a Comment