Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Calling Switch-up

End of January/beginning of February was the official switch-up for our two callings at Church. It all came so sudden and took us both by surprise but what happens happens and you keep on going. I had been serving as our Primary President for 1 1/2 years (January 2012) and was FINALLY feeling like I knew what I was doing. It takes the first year to figure everything out since every new activity or assignment is new but after that, it starts flowing...and we were flowing :)

December was craziness getting everything ready for the new year, teacher binders, birthdays, new year theme, etc so I was ready for things to slow down after the New Year started, but not slow down like it did. We got a call on our way home from Idaho (Christmas Holiday vacation) that the Stake President wanted to meet with us. We knew the Elders Quorum was getting changed up but for sure thought Adam would not be considered for President (he was serving as a counselor at the time) since I had only been in over a year. But when I talked to my dad on the phone that day, he said that was probably for sure happening and if so, I would be released since we still had young kids at home. Come again! WHAT!!!!!! That was not what I was wanting to hear, it hit me hard. But I guess I needed to hear it at some point. It was a rough few weeks there for me. I was not ready to be done, and I'm still not. But Adam did get called as EQ President which meant I was out of Primary. Sad sad day. I won't go into detail all of the emotions that ran through me there for a few weeks, let's just say I was a total emotional crazy woman. But I will say that I had the confirmation that Adam was indeed where he was supposed to be, which helped ease the transition if that was possible. I laugh now but poor Adam and my family, I think I was in a haze for a few weeks there but it's been two months now and distance is good. I'm finally able to walk past the Primary room and not shed a tear, although it does still happen on occasion especially when Pierce will NOT be quiet in Relief Society so I take him out and stand there listening to the children sing away. Primary is a special, special place :)

My new calling...Gospel Doctrine teacher (sunday school). I was scared out of my mind! Seriously. Talk about night and day going from teaching children to very educated adults. But apparently I need to know my scriptures a lot better and that I am. I am LEARNING a lot already!!!

No comments: