Saturday, July 28th we didn't have any real plans so we took the kids to a nearby outdoor mall to walk around and play on the toys. Adam turns to me and says 'should we get Kenedee's ears pierced?' I was like, 'serious? you think we can get her to do it???' ...I had been trying to convince Kenedee for the last year to get her ears pierced and she was not having it. So I said 'if you can convince her, we'll do it'...and he did...so we headed over to Claire's to check it all out :)
She was soooo nervous but I think finally excited that this could really be happening. With her 6th birthday coming up in two weeks, this was the perfect timing (I got my lucky ears pierced when I turned 6 as well :) Here she is before the big moment...
Getting her ears marked for the perfect placement of the earrings. Lincoln doesn't look too thrilled but he was actually excited to be watching this from the direct view outside the window.
And there they go!!! (luckily they had two guns so they could get it done with one shot)
Soooo sad from the initial pain...
Cuddles for dad, precious moment :)
But within seconds after getting them pierced, we showed her the new pierced ears with a mirror and she COULDN'T believe it, TOTAL JOY!!! The tears disappeared immediately and the biggest smile came across that face for the rest of the day. She just kept saying over and over 'MOM! I just can't believe it! I just can't believe I really did it, that I really got my ears pierced. I love em!' She was so proud of herself for accomplishing this fear.
Before this experience I had told Adam that if we had another girl, I was going to get her ears pierced when she was a baby, before she would be too scared. But after seeing how proud Kenedee was of herself that she finally did it, I don't think I'd do it any other way. She has an appreciation for these pierced ears that she wouldn't have had otherwise, she just overcame the biggest fear in her 5 year old eyes! It was a big moment for all of us to be a part of!






No comments:
Post a Comment