Kenedee turned SIX on Wednesday, August 15th. Here she is before heading
out the door to school, trying her best to give me a big grin after just recovering from a meltdown about who knows what :) She's all girl: full of drama & giggles, but we love this little lady!!!
She decided on a 'UNICORN' theme for her birthday party this year. I thought, hmmm, okay we'll see where this goes. But thanks to Pinterest, anything is possible :) Here's her birthday invite I created that we delivered to all of her friends...
Parties at our house aren't the real deal without streamers. Funny thing is, Kenedee told me the day before 'mom, you better wake up really early on my birthday and put streamers up. don't forget!' She couldn't sleep in that morning and ran downstairs to see if the streamers were up...and they were. Streamers and rainbow colored pom pom balls across the entire living room/kitchen area. She loved it!
The horns for the little unicorn guests :)
The cake. I saw a cute idea on Pinterest with the rainbow colored layers and I was sold. I was able to get them pastel colored to match the party colors and it turned out delicious. The covered frosting wasn't perfect but that's okay, I wanted it simple. I also saw this cute idea for the pendant name on the cake, for sure my favorite part!
The unicorn guests finally arrived and couldn't wait to put on their horns, sooo cute!
The party started out with a unicorn craft (found horse template online and added in a horn), I loved!
The girls colored their horses and then plastered them with glitter, glitter, and more glitter :)
The drying masterpieces...
After the craft we played 'pin the horn on the unicorn', a favorite in this house...
One little girl wasn't wanting to do her horn so the girls thought it was hilarious when Adam took her turn, a room full of giggles...girls are the funniest!
After the game we played 'Pass the Unicorn' with a stuffed unicorn of Kenedee's played to her favorite song at the moment, "Call Me Maybe". The girls had a blast so we ended up playing it twice through.
Birthday cake time...
Aren't those the prettiest colors? I was so happy with how it turned out and looked darling on these plates I found at Hobby Lobby...
After their sugar overload of cake & ice cream, they went on a search for their party favor bags before their parents arrived. I saw an idea online with a sugar cone dipped in white chocolate, their very own edible horn. I was sold. With a twirly straw and bracelet packaged in their rainbow bags...
I told the girls that a magic unicorn had come the night before, hid their rainbow bags, and left clues for them around my house as to where they could find them. The looks on their faces were the funniest, screams and gasps thinking there really was a magic unicorn. Too funny.
Party complete, phew! With my pregnancy day-sickness, I hope Kenedee appreciated all the work I put into this party, probably not but it made me feel like a good mom. I can't throw big parties for Pierce & Lincoln this year and not Kenedee, just because I feel like crap. The birthday girl got her perfect day!!!
After her friends left we opened our family presents from us and the grandparents...
The biggest hit by far was this Barbie motorhome (grandparent gift), check out that face!
Lincoln was so excited for her to finally open his gift, dolphin earrings that he had picked out at the store for her...so cute.
And then we brought in her big present from us this year, a new bike!!! We had picked up her first bike at a garage sale three years ago for $1. She never complained once about her bike but it was time for an upgrade. Her only requests for her new bike was one with a basket and kickstand...done and done. She was a happy girl!!!
Happy Birthday Kenedee, you are one loved little lady!!!

































3 comments:
Yes, the Barbie motor home!! I don't know why, but this post had floods of childhood memories in it for me. Your parties rock and if I remember correctly, so did your mom's parties for you. Nice job and all while puking:) that's real talent
What a darling party! I especially loved that beautiful cake! Great job. I had no idea you were expecting--congrats!
What a party, I am so impressed!! You went all out. Also, congrats on the upcoming baby! I hope you start feeling better. It's fun to peek at your blog every once in a while and see what you're up to, you have a beautiful family.
Post a Comment