Saturday, August 8, 2009

LAKE POWELL - Day Four

FACE & WEST CANYON
Friday (July 24th) we first went exploring up Face Canyon. We hiked up quite a ways, through the water and then around many bends of rock until we came to a dead-end. But that was not enough for Adam. He could see up ahead (way up ahead) an arch that he thought looked awesome and wanted to explore. So we all followed and he led us to the arch that he believes to be the first to discover, seriously. So much that he named it 'Adam's Rock'. I've delayed blogging about this day because I'm waiting for the pic from my sister but I decided I'll blog anyway but expect 'Adam's Rock' to be posted soon, he is very proud to have discovered this landmark. (not really since we later found it on the map labeled 'slit arch' but he refuses to believe that and still claims to have discovered 'adam's rock') That guy!

We then went up West Canyon which is super pretty once you start hiking. I stayed back with the kids and missed out on the hike so here's the pics that my mom took. They made it up to the Slots and said it was pretty sweet. (Kenedee also found some frogs along the way...)

No comments: