Wednesday, August 5, 2009

LAKE POWELL - Day Three

Beach Day
We found a pretty sweet beach in Padre Bay to spend our day in the sand and behind the boat. Kenedee immediately found herself busy collecting shells with Aunt Paige.

Lincoln got down and dirty in the sand while Adam tried to quickly lock him in place by building sand castles all around him.

Aunt Kate built one sweet 'drip' castle while Kenedee built a masterpiece of her own...

I quite enjoyed Beach Day this year kicking it on the beach and in the 80+ water. Kenedee played on the beach and in the water about five hours that day, she couldn't get enough!

HIGHLIGHT OF OUR TRIP - KENEDEE KNEEBOARDING
We're not ones to sit back and have our kids not attempt something even though they refuse to try it. My parents pushed us into trying stuff out and if we hated it, fine, but we had to try. So when Kenedee kept saying 'no' when I asked her if she wanted to kneeboard this year, I couldn't resist putting her on the kneeboard with me. Hello, my 2 year old kneeboarding, how sweet is that! She wasn't loving it at first (for the first 30 seconds) but after that she was one happy girl. She LOVED it and I was one proud mom. Not that she has to do a lot of work but she sat on her knees, held onto the rope, and felt like a champ. This definitely made our trip!



Kenedee was one proud little girl afterwards...

Little Man's turn on the tube. He was hating it!

Kenedee took a turn on the tube and liked it, but said she like kneeboarding better!

Kateo and I ended our day with some kneeboarding together.

Of course there was lots of wakeboarding and surfing but I didn't get any pics of those.

3 comments:

Jocelyn Allan said...

Seriously--where do you and your sisters get all your cute swim suits? I can never find any (unless they are the same boring ones that everyone already has). I'm waiting for pictures of "Adam's Rock"...

Melissa said...

So much fun! Yea for Kennedy knee boarding-holy cow! P.S. Love her suit- my girls have the same one and I love them:) Gotta love Target!

Chelsi said...

I am so jealous I absolutely love lake powell I wish we were there. Looks like you had tons of fun!!